F1 is dead

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Tipi_dwl
DDK addict

Post by Tipi_dwl »

That's so stupid decision! Just think how this will affect to team orders! There will most certainly be the #1 and the supporting driver on the top teams! Even less competitors for championship...
Ferry Man
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Ferry Man »

Tipi_dwl wrote:That's so stupid decision! Just think how this will affect to team orders! There will most certainly be the #1 and the supporting driver on the top teams! Even less competitors for championship...
Here's yet another stupid decision.
Back as you were lads. :roll:
It's a circus. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 955790.stm
Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
Del
DDK forever

Post by Del »

ha ha, just saw that now. it is a joke, but at least the old system stays.
Tipi_dwl
DDK addict

Post by Tipi_dwl »

This is totally off topic but it reminds me great British comedy The Green Wing and Dr. Guy Secretan in it's early episodes.
"Ye....nnn....ye.....nnn...yyy....nnn" :lol:
23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by 23e Heure »

F1 just gets 'stupider and stupider':

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 020654.ece
James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
Luke
DDK rules my life!

Post by Luke »

how hard can it be to track a few cars around a track to see who's in what position?? Complete farce
Porscheless but still aircooled
904GTS
Married to the DDK

Post by 904GTS »

They probably realised that they couldn't disqualify the Brawns without leaving Lewis Hamilton as the winner, and that would never do would it !!!!!

Have to agree it's becoming farcical, I'll still watch it though.
www.904GTS.com
www.technic-motorsport.com

Factory built Safari 2.7 RS
Too many projects not enough time !
Tipi_dwl
DDK addict

Post by Tipi_dwl »

At least there was a lot of action during the race, too bad it's still going on off track...
jwhillracer
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jwhillracer »

When the final whistle blows in a Football or Rugby match, and in nearly any other sport, the result stands, no matter how many dodgy decisions were made during the game.

F1 has to move to a similar system before it becomes a complete turn-off for the public. There are enough video systems, race directors and stewards in place already to enable this.

Declare the result, and stand by the referee or stewards decisions!

JW
Life's a single timed run with no practice....
1970 914/6 2.4E/Webers
1970 VW Beetle project
1972 911 Hillclimber (now 3.5 litre on Management :shock: ) Part of the family for 39 years!
2006 Hymer Merc Starline 630
2000 T4 Van LPG
2000 Golf V5 Estate GT
abash914
DDK slapper chatter

Post by abash914 »

Ere ere!! An ice cream to the man holding a cornet there!!.
the trouble is, a great race, full of all sorts of happenings has been rendered next-to-pointless by the judge, jury and two days later, we're all accomodating a swap around between two guys who started right at the back or in the pit lane - surely that's what we should be celebrating, not a wrangle about which one of those two did/didn't say something to the beak after the event. Crazy!!
I reckon there are just too many regulations applying to the conduct of the race itself. Why has Vettel got to start 10 places back in KL because he was still able to get the car away from any attack by Kubica which would surely have resulted if he'd parked up next to the Beemer.
Don't even agree to a Safety Car. If there's a hazard somewhere on the track, then as long as the pilot has a warning once about it, he should be able to cope!! And ending the race in that way is like bloody NASCAR! daft. Rant over.
AA
Member # 323

914-4 KGV 25K
944 S2 G900 TGS
BMW 318 Touring - K9 Transport
MG ZT-T 260 SE V8.

BASS - the final frontier...
Bob_Salmon
DDK forever

Post by Bob_Salmon »

I fully understand not being allowed to overtake while under yellow flags, but while the guy is on the grass? And OK., if that's what the rules require then perhaps the overtaken should be waved through. If he is, it should be pretty obvious to Judge, Jury and some prat with his trousers down and getting a well deserved beating.

Now that all radio communication is being monitored there is absolutely no excuse for this farce.

Or is this just one more indication that McLarren/Hammilton really put somebody's nose out of joint?

Bob
Rust - what holds the holes together......

bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

Hamilton lied and got his just desserts (custard in his face) so what's the problem?
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
Luke
DDK rules my life!

Post by Luke »

The problem is the race was on sunday and the result on thursday! I cannot think of a single other sport that operates like this! When did you see somethign like thhis happen in BTCC, Moto GP, Le Mans?

Why does F1 have this bizarre need to over officiate?

Anyway, it was actually a very good race (even though I'm still not entirely sure who finished where), so lets hope for more fo the same in Malaysia, where it should be raining!
Porscheless but still aircooled
Tipi_dwl
DDK addict

Post by Tipi_dwl »

Come on guys, in olympics results can be changed after many years :lol: :shock: :evil:
DIRKBROWNFINGER
DDK forever

Post by DIRKBROWNFINGER »

Didnt Bernie fund the Brawn buyout in the first place? I am expecting all decisions in favour of Brawn this year as opposed to Ferrari for once! Any chance they get, they will nail Maclaren to the floor. If someone goes off under the safety car, then you have to pass them. Hamilton visibly let Trulli retake his position, and that should be the result - ie Trulli 3rd and Hamilton 4th.

Not sure why Whitmarsh and Hamilton are claiming otherwise if the transcripts are available? I dont think the rules have been broken on the track, so to be disqualified for a radio transmission seems harsh.

Dirk.
DIRK BROWNFINGER.
1970 911 S TARGA LHD.