Mad Cap: attic find

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Mad Cap: attic find

Post by 912uk »

gridgway wrote:Mind you I've also got a model sailer built to the 1m class regs, rather than the rather better Marblehead class. Sailed it a few times but never managed to compete it!
Yeah I have an IOM 1meter.. if you thought the watch world was fussy!!!!!!!!!!! OMG the IOM world is full of geeks of another level..ESP the Dutch guys!!! I am sure some think a red hull is faster than a white one :shock: :lol: and if you have been around these guys your know what I mean.. I am very much a weekend sailor and I take it to the lake with my boys and just relax and enjoy it.. we are not looking to race and its an older boat of 2006 so in terms of racing it's postively an old lady !!! i was told by my mate at the lake who does race that to have a competative IOM boat these days your looking around £2500-£3000+ :shock: :shock: :shock: Team SKY on the water :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love a Marblehead big boats though!!! you forget how big they are when your trying to transport them.. I have 5 Sail boats ( model RC ones ) and my Fav is the Fiesta S 65cm ( mini IOM ) it just ticks the boxes and you can chuck it in the boot of a car.. but anything larger it's in the VW Camper van.. I have a USA Soling 1meter quite rare over here and it's a mare to transport !! but nice boat.
gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Mad Cap: attic find

Post by gridgway »

It's a really long time ago when I built my boat! it's a hard chine wooden boat which I must have got as a kit of some sort. I was just doing some googling to see if I could jog my memory. I came across Nylet who I remember from the past and looking at the 2018 rankings I saw the name of Graham Bantock which rang a bell. I can remember a home produced paper magazine which I looked forward to! It's really odd trying to remember it all. I only sailed the boat a few times as there was no suitable water near me, so special journeys had to be made and it isn't easy to transport.

What fun!

Graham