Any gamers on here ?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Kenyon
Married to the DDK

Re: Any gamers on here ?

Post by Kenyon »

I'm from the games console generation... Super Nintendo, Playstation etc. I'm not massively into it, but I get the interest and would play the occasional game of Mario Kart or Goldeneye with mates back then. But, WTF is this all about. Yogcast - I saw it on the Gadget Show on Friday evening... These fluky chancers have 1 million Youtube subscribers and a billion views...

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos

I know I'm out of touch, but its people watching people play highly pixilated computer games making some funny comments. Then there's the eGames competitions. I'm going for it again. WTF! WTF!
Phil

1960 356B Silver
murph2309
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by murph2309 »

You lot have all got too much time on your hands. How many hours do you 'invest' in these? Mind you, I read a lot - I don't think I could get away with playing games as much as I can with a book in my hands....
1971 2.2 S Targa viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37364
1978 3.0 SC Coupe
1970 VW Type 2 viewtopic.php?f=43&t=62339&p
revo
DDK slapper chatter

Post by revo »

Can we bring the guitar thread back please :lol:
hot66

Post by hot66 »

... not been on my PS4 for weeks so don't spend much time .. .apart from when a really decent game comes out that holds my attention. 9pm once the kids & wife have gone to bed .. its either babestation, ddk or the PS4 .. so plenty of time to waste after the 3 mins on babestation
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

I "enjoy" the odd game of FIFA 16 with my son on the PS4....he is 10 and beats me 9 times out of 10. And that's the only game he plays - he is generally out kicking a ball or....reading....books!!! I must take him to the doctors as that's just not right surely? I am worried.
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nige »

Balanced approach is what is needed as with anything. In my mind there is nothing worse than seeing a young boy (or girl) being brain washed into thinking football is the be and end all from the moment leave the womb.

Easy to dismiss gaming and say just get outside or read a book instead.

To dismiss it is to not understand it.
mycar

Post by mycar »

What's Babestation ? :bounce:
mycar

Post by mycar »

Babe Station !!!
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

I've been playing computer games since I can remember; zx81 onwards really..

vic20
dragon 32
c64
Atari
master system
mega drive
n64
ps1, 2, 3 and now 4

in terms of "wasting my time", I kept it in my pants (have no kids) so its mine to waste once my chores are done around the house! :lol:

For complete immersion, I literally can't wait for the PS-VR to come out in October.. I hope to have a more complete driving rig by then (seat / wheel / pedals) and get involved in some sim-racing - its impossible to be competitive with a control pad alone..

I know a lot of people would moan "spend the money on real cars/track days", but the ability to get 10 laps in at a circuit of your choice between walking the dogs and cooking dinner is priceless for me :)
In addition, having spent time on an occulus rift / pc / project cars rig recently, I think most nay-sayers would be blow away by the realism if they tried it - its not the graphics, or the sound, its the overall combination of everything.. physics, force-feedback, VR, everything ..its SO close to reality its scary. I was shattered after 30mins (would have been longer but people were complaining) pushing a gpA m3 around oulton park. you completely forget its a computer game - after 5mins "playing", if turn in a bit hot / early, your heart is literally in your mouth until you get it back on the straight and narrow again 8)
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

Nige wrote:Balanced approach is what is needed as with anything. In my mind there is nothing worse than seeing a young boy (or girl) being brain washed into thinking football is the be and end all from the moment leave the womb.

Easy to dismiss gaming and say just get outside or read a book instead.

To dismiss it is to not understand it.
We have a PS4, Wii and other bits and bobs - none of the kids are that into gaming...their choice. As you say, balance is important.

Unchartered is excellent.
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
74rsman
I luv DDK!

Post by 74rsman »

VR is a whole new level. Bring it on
Jonny Hart
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Jonny Hart »

Spent many years in military and civil flight (and ground vehicle) simulation. Somehow, just looking at a screen doesn't quite do it for me. Nothing beats 10 tons of machinery on hydraulics with real controls.
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

I get what you mean - I've spent time in "commercial" f1 type sims and the new set ups like pcars with a vr head set and accurate graphics is VERY immersive.. I think you have to kind of give yourself in to it.. Much easier with vr I have to say 8)
101sinbad
Married to the DDK

Post by 101sinbad »

as there seems to be a core group that enjoys gaming;

A friend sent me some copies of Doom if anyone wants one.........

if you want one let me know and I'll send it out.....if you feel like making a contribution to the DDK charity I'll find some more stuff to send with it
hot66

Post by hot66 »

pm sent 8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)