Studer built rally car

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Studer built rally car

Post by Hugo 356 »

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/porsche-356c

Flicking through Porsche Post I thought I recognised this car. One of my first visits to Studerman's lair, maybe 15 years ago I was asking Eric if my car drove as a 356 should. The rally car he had built for Mike Cornwell was in for service & he suggested I hop in the passenger seat.

I'm not sure if Mike would have approved, but what followed was a flying lap of the back streets of Bourne End. My car has never driven anything like this, but like a pusher Eric knew exactly what he was doing; I was hooked...
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
oldtimer
DDK forever

Re: Studer built rally car

Post by oldtimer »

Good story Hugo !
I was out in the Cheshire lanes in my 356C today , mainly sunny but odd patches of fog , not driving in 'rally style' but just enjoying that everything worked and not having to do big speeds to have fun .....which would have been the case driving those same roads just 10 years ago in a caged track prepared 964RS !
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Post by Hugo 356 »

Good stuff John, lovely day for it. I remember Eric recounting being upset with Mike on one occasion as he had come back with the ex-concours winning car from a rally with bent suspension having gotten airborne!
maverick
noun
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Thank you for sharing Hugo. Car and house look super!

Do you think that the body is cut away to allow the exhaust to sit higher for more ground clearance?

I think that Eric would of been disappointed with 95hp from this engine?
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Post by Hugo 356 »

Well Eric was more into blue-printing with a few closely guarded secrets than trick cams and the like. Having said that I doubt the 95 quoted is from a dyno...
maverick
noun