Technics Spyder Bargain..8,999

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

davidppp
DDK rules my life!

Technics Spyder Bargain..8,999

Post by davidppp »

Good Morning all!

This is a genuine bargain for someone, only because I have too many cars and not enough cash..!

It has been a much-cherished car...but is not perfect yet..

It has the good Alfa 1.5 engine on twin Dellortos, which simply screams..
but it has a 5 speed box, with crunchy second gear...the only important known problem.
The original (gel coat) finish is in very good nick, but as usual has settled with curing, revealing the glass cloth weave when viewed against the light.
I have shown it to a local expert who says that this process is inevitable, over the first couple or three years after making the glassfibre..but then stops, so the finish could be flatted and polished or painted at this stage without risk of the pattern reappearing..
He was very impressed by quality of the Glass Fibre work incidentally..
Tig welding appears to have been used throughout this particular car..!

The engine and cooling system installation is clever, neat and effective..with a Heater too..it is easy to miss this has water cooling in fact..

Fully adjustable coilovers, Cunifer and Aeroquip lines, and nice polished Minilites with excellent, almost new, Firestones..and no kerb damage..

Fully instrumented (not the Brazilian made replicas)...woodrim wheel, drilled alloy pedals, period switchgear and lights..correct black seats, fully trimmed interior, Luke Harnesses, no rollover bar.
It has full weather gear, hood, side screens, and tonneau, with the full glass screen..

I also have a set of original slotted wide-5 stud rims, with as new 5-bolt drums and adaptors.
I know of a complete, driving 115 hp Alfa with excellent mechanicals for spares...

This 550 comes with MOT, properly registered as a Technics Spyder on a J plate..(tax free)..

Come and get it..

David