T.O.B and fork

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

Rickard M
DDK Fanatic

T.O.B and fork

Post by Rickard M »

Hello,
oh got a little panicked question, puting back the drivetrain today, got the 911-box from 1971 with that push type clutch. Have new clutch kitt and also resurfaced the flywheel so it is nice ..
However, I noticed now that the release bearing rotate in very light behind the fork, should it be like that? Or do I have to shim the fork to compensate for the minimal processing on the flywheel? Can rotate in the bearing with my fingers through the holes in the cover. Can not remember that it was so easy when I took apart, plus the fork arm has a freeplay, feels that the bearing could easily rotate and jump out, or will this dissolve when I adjusting the cable? Also the possible stroke is reduced I guess thanks to the play in the wrong direction. How tight shall the fork arm be behind the ears of the bearing?

Another question shall I be able to push the fork arm by hand? feels spontaneously stiff when I try to pull the bearing in the two ears. I assume you become very much stronger with the levers by the cable?
1971 911T