Porsche COA

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

RobP
DDK Fanatic

Porsche COA

Post by RobP »

what's the story with the Certificate of Authenticity. mine has just come through and its got errors on it

the most glaring one is the fact that is they think my 69 as brown interior when its actually black (I can prove its always been black)

now I am glad that I didn't pay for it ( I know its wrong me complaining as its free) but I was going to get one but then I found the stand at Headingham Castle where they were doing it FOC.

if I had have paid for it I would be very happy. :x

now if I ever want to shift my car as an original matching numbers car then has only had minor sympathetic restoration to keep it tip top something like this will defiantly effect the value

do you think I should just contact them and get them to change it or are they, the computer says no types?
-------------
1969 T
997 CUP Car
458 spider
348 TS
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Porsche COA

Post by Nick Moss »

They are notoriously inaccurate. Contact Reading and they should adjust it for you.
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
RobP
DDK Fanatic

Post by RobP »

Nick Moss wrote:They are notoriously inaccurate. Contact Reading and they should adjust it for you.

as easy as that? so its not a T is an M471 option and not 69 its 73 Happy days :wink:
-------------
1969 T
997 CUP Car
458 spider
348 TS
Mr Pharmacist
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mr Pharmacist »

My 912 COA said the interior was beige, but it had the black option code against it....

I assumed it was always black - but was toying with the idea of taking it 'back' to beige at one point
Stuart

1970 914 2056cc
1979 924 n/a - RIP
1986 924S
1969 912 Targa - sold
DustyM
I need to get out more!

Post by DustyM »

What is the best way to contact them? I've sent several emails recently and had no replies!
Arfor Jones
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Arfor Jones »

My COA is also incorrect. It states that my car is fitted with brown leather upholstery, instead of black leatherette.
I wrote to Porsche Cars GB on 11th Sept, enclosing copies of documents which prove my case, but as yet not a murmur from them...

Arfor.
1969 911 T
One of the first B Series (LWB) cars
IanMcLeod
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanMcLeod »

DustyM wrote:What is the best way to contact them? I've sent several emails recently and had no replies!
I'm going to the classic day on Saturday at the Silverstone experience center so I was going to bring this up and see who is the best person to contact as it seems a bit random at the moment.

Ian.
A sponge and a rusty spanner

2.4E RHD, 2.4E RHD, 993 Carrera RHD
RobP
DDK Fanatic

Post by RobP »

IanMcLeod wrote:
DustyM wrote:What is the best way to contact them? I've sent several emails recently and had no replies!
I'm going to the classic day on Saturday at the Silverstone experience center so I was going to bring this up and see who is the best person to contact as it seems a bit random at the moment.

Ian.
great let us know how you get on

regards

Rob
-------------
1969 T
997 CUP Car
458 spider
348 TS
davep
I luv DDK!

Post by davep »

Early interior codes are a bit odd:
A=red
B=black
C=brown
D=beige
F=Blue
G=Green
K=Fawn
then from 1969 there was the 99xy series early in the model year for which there seems to be no info, and the 98xy series where y equals:
1=Red
2=Black
3=Brown
4=Beige
so if you can get the actual codes, then you can figure it out for yourself with greater precision. Anyone with a 99xy code should contact me.
Porsche historian & researcher, contact me for Kardex through 1969 model year.
Addicted since 1975
leedurrant73
DDK rules my life!

Post by leedurrant73 »

davep wrote:Early interior codes are a bit odd:
A=red
B=black
C=brown
D=beige
F=Blue
G=Green
K=Fawn
then from 1969 there was the 99xy series early in the model year for which there seems to be no info, and the 98xy series where y equals:
1=Red
2=Black
3=Brown
4=Beige
so if you can get the actual codes, then you can figure it out for yourself with greater precision. Anyone with a 99xy code should contact me.

Hi Dave, what do you think mine is for 9922, reason I ask is the headrest rings are brown. I think the seats are recovered in black leather but the factory said black leatherette. Both Arfor and mine have 9922 interior codes from what I remember. That makes 00008 and 00009 with special interior codes?

Very strange Arfor was told brown by factory?

Your thought.

Cheers Lee
1969 911t, eighth off the production line - B Series, Collecting Parts Again for Resto.
1984 Devon T25 VW Campervan, Back on the Road
1969 Italian Lambretta GP200. Tuned, (restored)
1967 Italian Lambretta SX150, 3 owner, 5 Speed, (Restored)
davep
I luv DDK!

Post by davep »

I think it is a matter of collecting enough data and figuring out a consensus. Our previous attempts to get the info from the factory have been unsuccessful. We know the codes were used only a short time. No one seems to have solid info yet.
Porsche historian & researcher, contact me for Kardex through 1969 model year.
Addicted since 1975
Arfor Jones
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Arfor Jones »

leedurrant73 wrote:
A=red
B=black
C=brown
D=beige
F=Blue
G=Green
K=Fawn
1=Red
2=Black
3=Brown
4=Beige

Hi Dave, what do you think mine is for 9922, reason I ask is the headrest rings are brown. I think the seats are recovered in black leather but the factory said black leatherette. Both Arfor and mine have 9922 interior codes from what I remember. That makes 00008 and 00009 with special interior codes?

Your thought.

Cheers Lee
Hi Lee,

No, it wasn't the factory that said that my car had brown leather upholstery - that (mis)information came from Reading.

Arfor.
1969 911 T
leedurrant73
DDK rules my life!

Post by leedurrant73 »

Arfor Jones wrote:
leedurrant73 wrote:
A=red
B=black
C=brown
D=beige
F=Blue
G=Green
K=Fawn
1=Red
2=Black
3=Brown
4=Beige

Your thought.

Cheers Lee
Hi Lee,

No, it wasn't the factory that said that my car had brown leather upholstery - that (mis)information came from Reading.

Arfor.
My mistake Arfor sorry for that....

Cheers lee
1969 911t, eighth off the production line - B Series, Collecting Parts Again for Resto.
1984 Devon T25 VW Campervan, Back on the Road
1969 Italian Lambretta GP200. Tuned, (restored)
1967 Italian Lambretta SX150, 3 owner, 5 Speed, (Restored)
Arfor Jones
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Arfor Jones »

Arfor Jones wrote:My COA is also incorrect. It states that my car is fitted with brown leather upholstery, instead of black leatherette.
I wrote to Porsche Cars GB on 11th Sept, enclosing copies of documents which prove my case, but as yet not a murmur from them...

Arfor.
I'm very pleased to report that this morning I received a new Certificate of Authenticity for my car, and it is correct in every detail.

Arfor.
1969 911 T
DustyM
I need to get out more!

Post by DustyM »

Arfor Jones wrote:
Arfor Jones wrote:My COA is also incorrect. It states that my car is fitted with brown leather upholstery, instead of black leatherette.

Arfor.
I'm very pleased to report that this morning I received a new Certificate of Authenticity for my car, and it is correct in every detail.

Arfor.
Can you share the address and person to whom you sent the letter?

Cheers
Jon