non Porsche - watches instead

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Mike Usiskin
DDK rules my life!

non Porsche - watches instead

Post by Mike Usiskin »

Hi all,

I've a late 50's Jaeger Lecoultre master control wrist watch for which I'd like to put a new strap on it. Now I've been to the Jaeger 'boutique' on Bond street who wanted £250 +another £100 for the buckle!! Now to me that seems like a lot. granted it was aligitor or dinosour or somesuch but even so!!1 does anyone know any sources or OEM strap which are cheaper than that. It needs an 18/16mm fitting, which Jeager Lecoultre don't make any more.
:cry:

M
former owner, still hoping to be reunited with my STOLEN 1972 911T/E 2.4 . Keep looking guys

No Hydrocarbons were hurt in the sending of this mail. Thanks

Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

I know it's not original, but I've used this place before and the quality of the strap I have is excellent.

Maybe worth a look?

http://www.thestrapshop.co.uk/pages/lwb/elite.html
pmjt
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by pmjt »

Hi Mike,

Something like a Hirsch will do you just fine - the Jaegre boutique you went into on Bond Street is just down from the excellent Watches of Switzerland where it meets the pedestrian part. They stock Hirsch - excellent quality straps - have a look at:

http://www.hirschag.com/en/product-line ... ristocrat/

Good luck and a beautiful watch by the way 8-)

P
--
DDK Member #890
Mike Usiskin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Mike Usiskin »

hey buddy,

goes life well with you? the watch is a bit special, you're right;) the watch was brought by my mother for my late father in '63. He changed the strap to a really horrible 60's elasticated metal bracelet, considered cool at the time, apparently. Anyway he left it to me and whilst the watch is gorgeous, very understated, the antithesis of the rolex's etc. Just like me in fact :) the strap is awful IMHO! so I thought by changing the strap, I re-appropriate the watch, make it mine, so to speak, while it still being deeply significant, at least to me. I'm not a watch man, never have been, I've brought too many Chinese omega's and rolex's to bribe my way out of shite, maybe that's why? either way, Just like a early Porsche, this watch should be worn and used IMHO and if by making it mine, I use it more, then that's a good thing. simple

M
former owner, still hoping to be reunited with my STOLEN 1972 911T/E 2.4 . Keep looking guys

No Hydrocarbons were hurt in the sending of this mail. Thanks

gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by gridgway »

That'd be perfect for my Tag, tks!!
Graham