Porsche for sale of the day..........

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
Kipster
DDK Newbie

Re: Porsche for sale of the day..........

Post by Kipster »

210bhp wrote:Non matching dash top, seats, carpet, door cards/lower dash, etc. In fact the original ad says it’s a brown interior (?) so nothing matches.
Lid hinges.
Love sepia brown but that is one mixed up 73.

Regards
Mike
OK so it’s a mixed up ‘73 but not a bitsa car......and I admit that I do like it.
Is £57K really a bad price tag for this car? I am not a purist and just fancy something different to my previous cars.

Regards,
Martin
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 911hillclimber »

Imho the above is a perfectly reasonable position, so it's not perfect, but it looks nice, and if your heart is in it, take the opportunity while you can and want to.

Many on here and elsewhere won't know these details and will appreciate it as it is.

Good luck with your choice! :)
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Sam

Post by Sam »

It’s mildly annoying you could have bought it cheaper a minute ago, but if solid it’s far from bad money for an MFI car and you get the benefit of a dealer warranty and all that. Plus who knows what they may have had to do to it to get it retail ready.

I’ve not seen anything similar much cheaper for a while. There are plenty of 912s above £50k now.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
theorangeperil
DDK forever

Post by theorangeperil »

Kipster wrote:
210bhp wrote:Non matching dash top, seats, carpet, door cards/lower dash, etc. In fact the original ad says it’s a brown interior (?) so nothing matches.
Lid hinges.

Regards
Mike
OK so it’s a mixed up ‘73 but not a bitsa car......and I admit that I do like it.
Is £57K really a bad price tag for this car? I am not a purist and just fancy something different to my previous cars.

Regards,
Martin
I think it does have a brown leather interior.
I know Mike and he said it's a good car owned by a friend of his.
I've not seen it but he knows his stuff and is a straight up guy as far as I'm aware.
Peter
'69 911T UK RHD enjoying since 2002
'86 924S - Gone but not forgotten. Porsche's best kept secret...
'04 911 40th Anniversary now gone
'11 911 GTS manual of course...
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Assuming it is a properly together car with no grot and mechanicals good, I also don't think it's a bad car. T/E MFI, hard to get another MFI 911 much lower. If it was properly original, it would be more. If you are not looking for that, then could be nice.

To my earlier comment, my only gripe about them is that the GT3 I went to look at was truly appallingly prepped and really not described properly at all and the salesman (not Mike) was pretty arsey! But you're buying the car, not the company. Plenty of people have had good experiences - probably just me!
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Tosh »

Not just you, G
But we may be in the minority. And sepia is nice!
02 986 Boxster
68 T Sporto (sold)
91 964 C2 Tip (sold)
Prestonese
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Prestonese »

Kipster wrote:
Lid hinges.

Regards
Mike

Regards,
Martin
I'd tend to agree with this. If it's a solid car, the price isn't outrageous in the context of recent times. The 46k auction price included some add ons so the mark up might not be that much. I therefore doubt any work will have been done to it since it was sold by Historics.

My car is a bits and pieces car but it drives well, looks great and is solid. To the layman, it's looks top notch but I'm a bit too sensitive put it up on here for scrutiny - naive bliss etc! ;-)
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Prestonese wrote: My car is a bits and pieces car but it drives well, looks great and is solid. To the layman, it's looks top notch but I'm a bit too sensitive put it up on here for scrutiny - naive bliss etc! ;-)
Nobody should be apprehensive about posting pictures/details of their car on DDK.

In defence of Mike's comments, this is the "Market Place Discussion" section where people are seeking comments/opinions on cars being offered for sale - &, as such, all are personal opinions ...

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

What Andy said
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Just say the magic pass phrase... it's a hotrod :lol:
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Lightweight_911 wrote:
Prestonese wrote: My car is a bits and pieces car but it drives well, looks great and is solid. To the layman, it's looks top notch but I'm a bit too sensitive put it up on here for scrutiny - naive bliss etc! ;-)
Nobody should be apprehensive about posting pictures/details of their car on DDK.

In defence of Mike's comments, this is the "Market Place Discussion" section where people are seeking comments/opinions on cars being offered for sale - &, as such, all are personal opinions ...

exactly . Hopefully people are just making potential buyers aware of details etc before they decide wether to bite the bullet and buy a car.

My 2.4S would be picked apart as soon as the crank fire ignition with coil packs & twin plugs are spotted ... not to mention uprated calipers , raised spindles etc
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by inaglasshouse »

Yep, thankfully folks are much kinder in the resto threads etc.
But in market place discussion... there's no such thing as a perfect car and you can expect those with knowledge to point out the imperfections.
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

inaglasshouse wrote:Yep, thankfully folks are much kinder in the resto threads etc.
Just wait till I start putting mine back together :)
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by inaglasshouse »

Gary71 wrote:
inaglasshouse wrote:Yep, thankfully folks are much kinder in the resto threads etc.
Just wait till I start putting mine back together :)
As long as you don't mention how much it all cost, you'll be fine :-)
mycar

Post by mycar »

1955 Porsche 356 Pre-A bent-window.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1955- ... 356-coupe/

The video is lovely.

https://youtu.be/cN-7XtjL7UM