Dreaming of a Swap Meet

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Dreaming of a Swap Meet

Post by neilbardsley »

When I just spoke to you you mentioned picking up some rolls not all the rolls :)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Thought I'd run a quick heads up on some of the old crap, I mean valuable 356 components I shall be bringing . . .
brake master cylinder, rear axle bearings, seals and shims, sump extension, wiper motor, exhaust tips, sunvisors, bra, reflectors, shifter and bushes, engine lid grills, wiper arms, headlight rims, speedo, tach and gas and oil gauges, brake shoes, handbrake cables, and loads more.
Really looking forward to Saturday.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by stretch »

you'd better get a trailer hitched up Graham... i am packed to the rafters. Rise n shine. :lol:

Dave
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Oh no, so I'm going to be buying and not selling then. Forget the G wagon, get an old Bedford TK instead.
PS Classic Fabs say they want that rear mounts chassis piece, so that's pound notes for you, but not too many.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 911hillclimber »

Just to say a very big Thank You to Camperco and everyone involved in today's Swap Meet.
Really really good day, bought some parts, met old Husborne Crawley die-hardship and some newer friends.
Learnt 2 new facts about my 911 issues, thanks to MikeyC. :)

Brilliant and I do hope this can become a regular event on the calendar.

It was just like the old HC events, fabulous.

Graham.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Golly gosh, ditto that but who ordered that weather? Rain, wind, sleet, more wind, almost four seasons in a day but we're all tough chaps so bring it on, in fact bring it all on for next year, great swap meet, can't wait.
three50six
DDK Fanatic

Post by three50six »

Thanks to the organisers, we had a great morning and got a couple of nice bits I've been looking for. Really cool to catch up with a few familiar faces too. Hope to do the same again next year?

Some photos from today on my blog here>>>

http://three50six.co.uk/photography/swapmeet/
Website - http://www.three50six.co.uk
Instagram
- https://www.instagram.com/three50six/
____ ___ __ _
1956 356
1971 911T
2006 911
Psw1811
DDK Fanatic

Post by Psw1811 »

Another thumbs up for today - Im glad I had a good coat but what a great morning. I’ll look forward to more of the same next year!!
stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by stretch »

Duplicate post... still trying to raise a few more quid.

Real early start, but that was a great day. Thanks to Angus for offering up the Venue. Also like to thank Graham who suggested this meet and helped me out today. Total raised for the DDK charity from the sale of Mick Temple's parts was counted in hard cash as...... £3,665.00 pounds.....!

The cashier, Mrs Temple was delighted and will pay over every penny to our charity.

Several people paid slightly over the asking, thanks to you all. If you are sitting at home thinking you didn't pay enough... i know there are a few of you.! :) please feel free to bump up the total.

Thanks to Angus for agreeing to buy the remaining parts at the end of the day. I am sure he will bump the figure up further once he sees the bargain price he paid. :)

Great day. This will be a must do in the years to come.

Dave
Real early start, but that was a great day. Thanks to Angus for offering up the Venue. Also like to thank Graham who suggested this meet and helped me out today. Total raised for the DDK charity from the sale of Mick Temple's parts was counted in hard cash as...... £3,665.00 pounds.....!

The cashier, Mrs Temple was delighted and will pay over every penny to our charity.

Several people paid slightly over the asking, thanks to you all. If you are sitting at home thinking you didn't pay enough... i know there are a few of you.! :) please feel free to bump up the total.

Thanks to Angus for agreeing to buy the remaining parts at the end of the day. I am sure he will bump the figure up further once he sees the bargain price he paid. :)

Great day. This will be a must do in the years to come.

Dave
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

three50six wrote:Thanks to the organisers, we had a great morning and got a couple of nice bits I've been looking for. Really cool to catch up with a few familiar faces too. Hope to do the same again next year?

Some photos from today on my blog here>>>

http://three50six.co.uk/photography/swapmeet/
Wonderful pictures my friend - and you managed to capture my devilish good looks so well
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
DarthMJH
I luv DDK!

Post by DarthMJH »

Fantastic event, great to see some familiar faces. Thanks again to Camperco for hosting, what a great venue. Nice to see reasonably priced delicious bbq food, compared to other events I have been to. Please can we have another one next year!
Mike
1973 RHD 911T
1995 993 C4
markh
DDK slapper chatter

Post by markh »

Hats off to Angus and to everyone who set up a stall!

The range of bits on offer was incredible - from the smallest nuts and bolts upwards. The joy of rummaging was clearly felt by everyone I spoke to.
camperco
DDK rules my life!

Post by camperco »

Great pictures Tom. Thanks for coming.
Angus
Angus Watt http://www.greatworthclassics.co.uk

Greatworth Classics & VW Camper Company

Its a feature - not a fault sir..
911MRP
DDK above all

Post by 911MRP »

Thanks to Angus and team for a great day. Caught up with old friends and made some new acquaintances. Even somone who grew up as next door neighbour to my godfather up north!

Bought a lot less than I sold giving my wife some hope that there is a cure for my junkie addiction to buying old Porsche tat. I'm up for repeat next year but likley to relapse!

Steve
Brookesy
DDK Fanatic

Post by Brookesy »

A really great day regardless of weather, enjoyed the atmosphere, picked up some missing pieces for the project.
However, I must apologise for my rear end view in the last picture of the three5six blog, must have been a wide angle lens though....
Nike Mk7s/Porsche
931 (to my daughter)
996 C4S (sold)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage (subtle beast)
Triumph Thunderbird Storm