I'm a new 912 owner!

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

gturner008
DDK slapper chatter

Re: I'm a new 912 owner!

Post by gturner008 »

Wow - small world. Thanks for the information.

I'm going to be very interested in how the car drives. I had a 2.2T 1971 car - which was not that dynamic a drive tbh. If there is 180bhp and quite a bit of torque it should make for more spirited driving! Perhaps a match for a 2.4S?

I'm delighted with the total package - just over £30k on the road in Coventry (after shipping and fees etc). Car does look in good order - with bills for over $30k.

I'll reach out to Ron and Greg... I'd just like some basic help in understand the engine - the do's and don'ts etc.

Glad you like the car. Could feature in a magazine perhaps one day?

It will sit very nicely next to my 30k mile '85 3.2 (also red)!

Cheers Gary
gturner008
DDK slapper chatter

Post by gturner008 »

Car is now on the ship, ETA Felixstowe 28 September. Very straight forward on the US side. Pembroke were excellent. Arranged the pick up from NY to their place. Very smooth. Bridgetown sorting the UK end.

I think the duck tails coming off... But open minded...
Flat 4 McCor
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Flat 4 McCor »

If you want a quick insight to FAT performance and Ron's background , check out "older n faster" on Vimeo.
I've watched once or twice!
Glen

1965 Beetle
1967 912 coupe
gturner008
DDK slapper chatter

Post by gturner008 »

Car is now in my garage. LEDs are gone, steering wheel swapped, duck tail swapped for original, engine tuned, seat runner sorted and the lots of little jobs, MOT'd (no advisories). Posting my DVLA forms off tomorrow. So V5 in a week or two...bingo!

The drive back from MOT was a blast... I love it... plenty of power and torque. Spitting and popping like crazy with the hot cam... loud and mad!