Advice - Sportwagen Eckert panels

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

SM 911
DDK Newbie

Advice - Sportwagen Eckert panels

Post by SM 911 »

I'm considering buying some new rear quarter panels for a 71T targa resto, and was wondering if anyone here has used Sportwagen Eckert panels. I bought a front latch support panel from SE which seemed like good quality. Has anyone got any advice regarding quality and fit?
If I'm going to get some shipped to Australia I want to make sure they're worth the effort & cost.
Cheers!
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Advice - Sportwagen Eckert panels

Post by Nick Moss »

Just buy from Porsche, they will be shipped FOC to your local dealer
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
Robind
Married to the DDK

Post by Robind »

Can 2nd that and in fact even delivered FOC to my house, chuck in great fitment, perfect quality and price near the same it is superb
1966 912 Slate Grey sunroof
1975 911 Blue Targa
2001 996 Blue Convertible
1981 Ferrari 308 GTB
1960 Mercedes 190SL
1983 Mercedes 500SL
Project 911
DDK above all

Post by Project 911 »

They sell both Dansk and original Porsche panels. They are slow to communicate but otherwise all have worked well. Not sure how it is in Australia but e.g. I can't buy panels from dealer here in Finland, they are about twice the price what they should be as they don't use PET pricing. So I have to buy panels e.g. from Germany and as dealers are not willing to ship these out of country, I have to use e.g. Eckert to get them. It was million times easier in UK when I lived there.

But to your question, just make sure you are buying original panels and check your local dealer first.
1967 911 resto-project
SM 911
DDK Newbie

Post by SM 911 »

Thanks chaps.
I've bought panels through OPC before. As per my original post, I was hoping for advice on quality and fit of Sportwagen Eckert panels. This is so I can compare the value of them vs genuine panels. Genuine panels are VERY expensive in Australia, so it's sensible -no, make that prudent- to look at other options.

Has anybody here fitted any SE rear quarters before?

cheers!
Project 911
DDK above all

Post by Project 911 »

As I said, AFAIK they sell JP Dansk and Porsche panels. There is no "SE" panels even though they don't mention in their description who is manufacturer. So you'll get more answers if you ask fitment of Dansk panels.
So if you are interested about those non-original (i.e. Dansk) panels, they are as good or bad as from everywhere else. And Dansk panels are cheaper e.g. from MH Teile.
There has been discussions that Dansk panels are definately not as good fit as OEM panels and at least some batch had incorrect profile (LWB rear quarters), especially rear quarters so I would personally pay more for OEM panels.
1967 911 resto-project
SM 911
DDK Newbie

Post by SM 911 »

Gotcha - thanks Ville.