Hi from Brum

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

Andyd
DDK Newbie

Hi from Brum

Post by Andyd »

Hi,
First post on here, recently purchased a 1965 912 from Holland (US CAR). Its my first restoration so pulling in favours and advice from where ever I can really. My plan is to take it back to original colour/interior/extras, awaiting letter of authenticity from porsche to have those details.

The car has been stripped and we are taking it back to bare metal using a soda/shot blaster which I purchased. Im lucky that my father has a metal polishing/chroming business so all the shiny bits have been sent to him!

The painter is booked for 2 weeks today so have lots to do prior to that, the original colour is light ivory so that is the colour I'm going for.

Any tips on which upholsterer to use would be great, also any advice/tips on spares especially a windscreen.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Andy
Andyd
DDK Newbie

Few Pics so far.

Post by Andyd »

These are a few early pics.
Attachments
Starting the Strip down
Starting the Strip down
porsche6.jpg (40.27 KiB) Viewed 444 times
porsche5.jpg
porsche5.jpg (43.93 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Picking car up from Holland
Picking car up from Holland
porsche4.jpg (35.79 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Last edited by Andyd on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Hi from Brum

Post by neilbardsley »

Welcome & Nice project!

VisualFx, on here, is doing some upholstery and if he can't help you I'm sure you can point you in the right direction!
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
sanjay
DDK slapper chatter

Post by sanjay »

Hi Andy,

Welcome and nice to see a fellow Brummie here!

Good luck with your project you might want to give Mikey a bell (his no is in the link below) he's currently working on something similar to yours and might prove to be a handy contact. He also organises a night at the Red Lion in Earlswood which a few of us go to.

https://www.facebook.com/AircooledEngineering

But if you can afford it what you really need to do is take Lightweight Andy for a mojito !! He's the man.

Regards

Sanjay
Andyd
DDK Newbie

Post by Andyd »

Thanks Neil, will get in contact with him, hopefully he can help.

Sanjay, very small world, my unit where I'm restoring is 500 yards from the red Lion in Earlswood, no excuse now to come and meet up then!! Thanks for the tip, will get in contact with them.

Andy
7osh
DDK Newbie

Post by 7osh »

Hi mate, need to get down and see this soon. Did Brannan tell about my latest project? Who's doing your paint?
Tosh
Enviro-Strip
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Enviro-Strip »

Hi Andy

Have you had a look at our process for taking the shell back to metal www.envirostripukltd.com?
Regards
Vaughan