I.V.A Test

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

I.V.A Test

Post by mdmax72 »

Hi,
is anyone still building as this site seems to be as dormant as speedsters co uk. It seems as if all the trouble with tygan has put alot of people of building a speedster. This site was buzzing 5 years ago with activity, not no more. Not to no suprise though as they did cock it all up. Anyway just wondering if anyone's getting ready for the test or just passed as i'm not to far of. Any words of wisdom or advise would be great, anybody.

Regards Rich
chief
Married to the DDK

Post by chief »

I was thinking the same, lots of interest a while ago.......seems a little slow now. The test is a distant memory and was a lot easyer than it is now......My advise smile a lot and look very interested. As always post us some pictures and expect lots of views but no reply's!
Good Luck and look forward to seeing you about.......
h'Project Blue Book' - 'The Red Baron' - Amber Alert!
Del
DDK forever

Post by Del »

Rich,

Have you spoken to Len Raynsford from the speedsters club? He is very helpful and knows his stuff.

Also, which part of the midlands are you? and what are you building?

Cheers,

Del.
ger
DDK addict

Post by ger »

Last edited by ger on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
T4_356
DDK Fanatic

Post by T4_356 »

I must admit, I am a bit of a lurker and don't post that often. Will try and do better!

SVA, IVA, I think the advice of smiling is probably the best. It is very hit and miss. There are defined rules, but are subject to interpretation. Not sure if anyone here has gone through the IVA yet, but with the SVA there were stories of some things getting through by some testers and not with others. One thing in common though, I don't think I know anyone who passed the first time - a sceptic would say so they get their recharge fee, but maybe thats just me!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
1957 Silver Chesil 356 speedster
1966 Karmann Ghia T34 Razoredge (SOLD)
BRG John Cooper Mini Cooper S
356_outlaw
DDK addict

Post by 356_outlaw »

I have been through SVA before, although not with a 356 replica. It isn;t that daunting, or at least wasn't for my car as it had been designed in every way to pass the test. There is an online link somewhere where you can download the new IVA manual in its entirety for free, i would read it cover to cover, as some things are easy to do at the time but difficult to retro fix etc. I know lots of people who have IVA'd cars prior to painting them just in case.
mdmax72

Post by mdmax72 »

Just keep smiling, has been getting me through the last 10 years of my build.

Taken to long you must be thinking l know, but kids come x3 and grow and so to does the house, so my tub just keeps getting put on the back burner until now.... l think anyway....

My main reason for a kick up the ass to get it iva'd is l dont want a bloody fuel filler cap stuck on the outside of the wing !!!!! Sorry Ger l've looked at the pictures you posted and don't like, no offence, as this is in force as of 31st march 2010. Anyway just about got all the boxes ticked for now but being told from Peter (Chesil) that the iva testers keep moving the goal post. (assholes). l know its to make it safer but some of the things that are required for the test are a p155-take.... As they say though "YOU MUST COMPLY"...

Will have ago at posting some pic's for you to nose through. l'm one that wont be painting till after the test either.

Regards
ger
DDK addict

Post by ger »

Last edited by ger on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mdmax72

Post by mdmax72 »

Hi Ger,

fuel tank filler is one of those area's everyone has differant veiws but speaking to Peter at Chesil he assures me they have been given a 12 month exemption for those who purchased a body without a external filler to get them through the test.

Reading the Kit-Car mag December issue p88 tank selection it states "On the subject of postioning, a fuel tank can no longer be located within the passenger or luggage compartment of a kitcar under iva. This ruling will come into force on cars presented after 29th April 2010, allowing those manufactures affected to re-design their offerings".

I've just had a friends speedster car go through the iva that was at the NEC stand with no ex-filler, so it seems to be true.... So if your going to get yours tested in the next few months Ger you may have done some unecessary work....

Regards
ger
DDK addict

Post by ger »

Last edited by ger on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
oliver365
DDK slapper chatter

IVA

Post by oliver365 »

Has anyone got speedster on road without going through a IVA ??? like some kits havent in the past ?
ger
DDK addict

Post by ger »

Last edited by ger on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
oliver365
DDK slapper chatter

Post by oliver365 »

Hi Rich have u got a speedster on the road or r u buidling one
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

ger wrote:I wish the forum was a bit more active in this section as well !!
There's a solution to that wish - get posting replica owners and builders!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk