Eaton M45 Charger with Intercooler

Please add Porsche parts and anything you wish to sell here (no commercial sales)

Moderator: Bootsy

Barry
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Eaton M45 Charger with Intercooler

Post by Barry »

Shiny new thread, as other one had got a bit off subject ( :roll: :oops: ). Charger now available again, here're the details again:

As it says, Eaton M45 Charger: comes with intercooler plus assorted manifolding etc. As you will probably know, this was headed for the 914, but arrival of 'new' 911 project has changed plans ( ).

Charger is brand new, pulley has never had a belt on it, not sure about the 'cooler: certainly is just about as-new, with one tiny ding in it (during transit?).

According to Eaton, the charger is suitable for engines of 2.0 - 3.0 litres, depending on crank pulley size. These M45's are usually from 1.6 Mini Coopers these days.

£150 (What I gave Martin a few weeks ago!).

Barry Carter 01435 830153
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
beachcomber
DDK Fanatic

M45

Post by beachcomber »

Hi Barry,
suspect it might be a bit late , but do you still have the blower?
I have a pal who has been looking for one for ages - never occurred that someone on this forum might have one!
ATB
Beachcomber
Barry

Post by Barry »

Hi, yes I still have it (long story!), and it's still for sale (keep wondering whether to hang on to it :roll: ).

I've P.M.'ed my contact details, although won't be near the phone until the weekend (V. Busy at work at the moment ...).
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
beachcomber
DDK Fanatic

M45

Post by beachcomber »

Hi Barry
That ties in nicely as I can't contact my pal until the weekend!
Thanx for the response. I note you say you are contemplating hanging on to it - does that mean you're uncertain of selling?

In best E- Bay tradition - do you have a price for non tyre kicking negotiations?

BTW - I note in your "Toy Box" you have a Ducati 200 - is that the one with the Jelly mould tank with the built in luggage grid?

I had one back in the mid '60's [ 203cc? ] and I went through an "Italian phase" with Morini and a georgeous Moto Parilla. ALL outperformed run of the mill British iron of the day up to 500cc - AJS, Matchless, Aerial etc.

Ah, those were the days - where's my rose tinted specs?

ATB
Beachcomber
Nige

Post by Nige »

I was going to buy Barry's charger but bottled it at the last minute, realising it would just end up being a 'shed ornament' for £150 its excellent value. I had a good shuffty at it the other week, its spotless and would grace any engine bay 8)

Just wish it was my engine bay, but being that I've only just got it back on the road after nearly two years I'll hang on abit until I start the next project.
Barry

Post by Barry »

:) Thanks Nige!

The little Ducati is just the normal GT, albeit a bit cafe racer style now, next stage (when I get a minute) is to whip the engine back out and get a very clever engineering friend to give it the once over. He's got one and has done the full race works on it: sounds fantastic.

As for the charger, the price above (£150) is a DDK price, and therefore won't go below this, if it doesn't sell here I'll put it in the TR owners club magazine around the £250 mark, simply because they can be used for TR's and the proper charger kit is £2200 :shock: . Like I say, a little bit of me fancies keeping the charger and finding a car to bolt it to, but if it goes, it goes :wink: .

All being well, it and I will be at the Fairmile meeting this coming wednesday, or I'm in the Peterborough area next thurs/fri/sat.
beachcomber
DDK Fanatic

M45

Post by beachcomber »

Hi barry,

Please don't take offence at the enquiry for "best price" - just passing on what my pal would have asked [ Scot's Parents! Whoooops - that's offended O-B now].

The price sounds completely fair to me, but then I won't be the one parting with the cash!

Either I, or he will contact you on the private details.

ATB
Beachcomber
Barry

Post by Barry »

Thanks for that: I'll look foward to sharing my private details later :lol: :wink: .
Barry

Post by Barry »

Bbbbbbbbooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggg!

Yes, it's still here, still £150, still as new, and I'll be at Husbourne :) .

If not I'll have to get another 914 to bolt it to :wink: .
budge96
DDK Seasoned Poster

m45 Eaton supercharger and intercooler

Post by budge96 »

Barry, if this is still available I would be interested in buying it ..
If possible could some pics be sent to my e-mail ? If complete I would
most assuredly give it a new home,thanks Bert,ecrobinson1726@msn.com
impmad2000
I need to get out more!

Post by impmad2000 »

Sold ! At Husborne Crawley last weekend :)
... and a nice piece of kit it was too.
Tim
Tim Bennett
RHD Targa 2.2T EFI, Triumph ITB's, EDIS and Megasquirt.
"Old enough to know what's right and young enough not to choose it"
Barry

Post by Barry »

Bert: sorry I didn't see your post until now :oops: .

As Tim says, sold at Husbourne, thanks to Tim's kind loan of 4 sq feet of stall space (thanks again :) ): as we said, it just needed people to be able to look at it: there was a steady trickle of people taking an interest.

The chap that bought it tuned out to be a P.O. of Adam's 914, and is going to put the charger into a Beetle.