Help! Visiting Wales in Sept as Dutch: day2 test how to get?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Help! Visiting Wales in Sept as Dutch: day2 test how to get?

Post by Black Betty »

Well.. The topic title says it all...

We -a group of 6 Dutch Porsche enthusiasts- have planned a roadtrip to Wales and that roadtrip will end visiting Goodwood Revival.

We will be travelling on the 9th of September from Rotterdam to Hull (P&O Ferries) and we'll be arriving in the UK on the 10th of September.
That day (the 10th of September) we will drive directly to Anglesey where we've booked 2 nights at the Anglesey Arms Hotel.

We will then touring Wales during 4 days and will drive to and arrive at/near Goodwood on Thursday the 16th of September. There we will visit Revival and return to the European Mainland on the 20th of September from Dover to Dunkerque (DFDS Ferries).

We are all fully vaccinated and will have a negative PCR Test when entering the UK.

So far so good,,,

But we also have to fill out a UK 'locator form' on which we have to register a 'second day test'. An 8th Day test is no longer necessary...

The problem now is the following:

- how can we get a 2nd Day Test?
- can we order them (and pay for them) and get them delivered to an Address in the Netherlands?
- If yes, how and which Test do you recommend?
- If no, how should/can we get a '2nd day test'? Can we get them (and pay for them) and have them delivered to the Hotel we are staying during our 2nd day (The Anglesey Arms)?
- We need also a test when we return to the EU mainland. Can we use the '8th day test' for that?
- If no, where can we get a test near Goodwood?

We already postponed this trip in 2020 to 2021 and we really would like to make this trip this year. Looks like they are not making it easy for 'Europeans' to visit the UK, but that makes us the more determined to get across the channel...

Every tip and help is greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Black Betty on Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's better to burn out, than to fade away
Ian Comerford
I luv DDK!

Re: Help! Visiting UK in Sept as Dutchie: How?Tests?How to g

Post by Ian Comerford »

I’m heading in the opposite direction in September to the Circuit of the Ramparts in Angouleme and need a day two test when I return. There are a number of options I posted over on Impact Bumpers and a few people responded with others. Flowflex and Coop could be worth a look. https://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/ind ... ent-429771
LouisCurtis
DDK Fanatic

Post by LouisCurtis »

Hi
I returned from NL about a month ago and the rules have changed since but hopefully some of this info will be useful.

You need to order the day 2 test to get a reference number so that you can fill out the passenger locator form. I do not think you can get this posted outside of UK. I would suggest you get it posted to your hotel.
I used a company called Confim- no affiliation. It was the cheapest one at the time but the service was fine. https://www.confirmtesting.com/

You will not be able to use your day 8 test to leave the country. I believe the rules have changed on which tests are now acceptable which means it’s no longer necessary to have a PCR which is good news.

You will be able to find a testing place in Chichester(closest town to Goodwood) as they seem to have popped up everywhere!
The Gov website will have the details on which test and how long before travel it should be taken.

I’m sure you know, but it’s very important to keep checking the guidance as the rules seem to change every week.
Hope this helps.

Success

L
takeflight
DDK above all

Post by takeflight »

My wife as traveled to Spain recently, on both occasions she used these https://www.expresstest.co.uk/ with no issues. They Have drive throughs, on the second occasion We could only get a booking on the second day after arriving in the U.K. however we just drove round when she landed and the test was carried out.
I am sure you are aware, for the uk locator form which can be done online you have to have a booking reference which the above will provide.
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by RobFrost »

I have no idea whether your route is planned but from Hull to Anglesey if you wanted to leave the motorway network, your journey would be about half an hour longer if you deviated south slightly and crossed the peak district national park on say the A616 and then A628. https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4958197 ... 92!5m1!1e4 Others on here would probably know the roads better than I though.
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
BILLY BEAN
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by BILLY BEAN »

You could try contacting a company called the Corona Test Centre. They provide tests and advice.
Rust Never Sleeps
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Help! Visiting Wales in Sept as Dutch: day2 test how to

Post by Black Betty »

Okay... I've edited the topic title.

We were planning to have a roadtrip through Wales and then finish that roadtrip by visiting Goodwood Revival.
We found out that we have to order a 'Day 2 Test' at NHS, because Wales ONLY accepts tests that are ordered at NHS through:

https://quarantinehotel.ctmportal.co.uk ... les&VACC=Y

Everything went okay: I filled out the order form, but I noticed I could only enter the emailaddress of the hotel where I will be staying and only a GB telephone number. I could not enter my personal emailaddress and (mobile) telephone number; the form just isn't made for potential tourists, but (only) for UK residents that return from a European trip, it seems...

I further had to fill in my personal information (name, date of birth, gender and passport number) but NO (European) telephonenumber or my personal emailaddress.

I further completed the creditcard information and submitted the form.

I then got the reaction that my application was in progress and that the Invoice (the number I need for my Passenger Locator Form) would be sent to the provided emailaddress.

That cannot be right? Because that is the emailaddress of my hotel and NOT MY EMAILADDRESS! That means I will not get the invoice number I need to complete my Passenger Locator Form. The 68 Pounds are payed, but I don't have the necessary Invoice number...

How can I order as a Dutch Tourist a ‘day 2 test’ in Wales?

Are there Welshmen that can help?

I have just 8 days left to get everything in order...

It looks like it's almost impossible to visit the UK as European tourist! I will not give up, though...

CAN ANY WELSHMAN HELP? DOES ANYBODY HAVE TIPS HOW AND WHERE I CAN ORDER A 'DAY 2 TEST' WHEN MY FIRST STAY IS A HOTEL IN WALES? I ACTUALLY ONLY NEED A INVOICE NUMBER FOR A 'DAY 2 TEST' SO I CAN FILL OUT MY 'PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM'...
It's better to burn out, than to fade away
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Re: Help! Visiting Wales in Sept as Dutch: day2 test how to

Post by IanM »

Black Betty wrote: I then got the reaction that my application was in progress and that the Invoice (the number I need for my Passenger Locator Form) would be sent to the provided emailaddress.

That cannot be right? Because that is the emailaddress of my hotel and NOT MY EMAILADDRESS! That means I will not get the invoice number I need to complete my Passenger Locator Form. The 68 Pounds are payed, but I don't have the necessary Invoice number...
Contact the hotel and ask them to forward you the email from the NHS. You can find the hotel's contact info online.

Good luck.