Receiving Parcels from the EU Post Brexit....

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Receiving Parcels from the EU Post Brexit....

Post by Darren65 »

I skimmed through the other thread but didn't want to take it off topic...

Early days I appreciate but has anyone had any actual experience of receiving items from the EU since 1st Jan?

I have a sizeable order posted from Germany 8 days ago and it's still there, UPS unable to tell me anything other than it's 'in transit!'....business to business sale.

I've also just sourced a nice item on German Ebay but Ebay won't allow me to pay until the private seller updates the total cost???..... will be interesting to see how that goes!

Cheers,
Darren65

Re: Receiving Parcels from the EU Post Brexit....

Post by Darren65 »

....btw, I'm going to try stepping outside of Ebay and have asked the Ebay private seller to send me a PayPal payment request to hopefully get around the issue. I'll advise on how that goes.

Cheers,
stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by stretch »

I bought a couple of parts this week from Germany. One has arrived within 3 day's.
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

stretch wrote:I bought a couple of parts this week from Germany. One has arrived within 3 day's.
....good news :) ......my fear is that my business seller hasn't processed things correctly which is why it's held up but UPS have indicated that isn't the case and it's just delayed? Hoping it's just the current transport issues causing the problem.
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

As I mentioned in the other thread, an ebay seller in Italy wouldn't sell an item to me owing to having to provide the courier with an invoice (!)

I managed to get round this by getting the item sent to another Italian address.

I have been waiting for an alloy wheel to be sent by a trade seller in Italy for the past couple of weeks but his carrier has advised against sending it yet due to the current disruption to the transport system post-Brexit (I'm not in a hurry).

I have received other items - one from Italy & one from France - from private sellers which arrived without incurring any fees - but both took longer than pre-Brexit.

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
PeterK
DDK rules my life!

Post by PeterK »

My OPC delivery usually takes a couple of days to get parts fro Germany - last order took nearly 2 weeks to get into the country.

SWMBO awaiting order from Germany (US company's local warehouse). UPS advised delivery with courrier coming between 4 & 6, then updated to show delayed until next day. It failed to arrive and site updated to show delivery 3 days later (after weekend), now showing updated again to show still in Frankfurt.
'79 Targa - restoration now mainly complete & being driven
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=59756
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanM »

Darren65 wrote:I skimmed through the other thread but didn't want to take it off topic...
This topic wouldn't have been off-topic at all.

The only thing that were off-topic were the guys talking about farming and chemicals. :roll: They hijacked my thread.
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanM »

Lightweight_911 wrote:from private sellers which arrived without incurring any fees
How did you manage that? Value under-declaring?
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Nine One One »

A lot of European sellers on Ebay hate paying Paypal fees and do a lot of their transactions via bank transfer, which seems to be the norm for them.

I contact quite a few, who are more than happy to oblige ending the listing and selling privately via Bank Transfer. Obviously you do not get the protection offered by Paypal, but to date have not had one that went wrong.

As for not paying any customs fees, if you are lucky, like somethings from the US, some slip through. It only tends to be the ones via national carriers such as UPS and Fed EX that never seem to miss the duty for a Country.

Stuff from the EU without a silly Ebay postage label, or not a huge size, is still likely to get through without attracting attention. There is too much post for them to keep checking everything for the small amount of duty they are likely to be able to claim?
KS

Post by KS »

Still waiting for an order worth £40 from Germany - paid for two weeks ago, but no sign, or word...
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by stretch »

I also sold a couple of parts to Germany and now the custom declaration forms need attention. A bit of a faff when your selling something for £30 quid on ebay etc. I can see many low value second hand items not being posted abroad by sellers as it's not worth the effort or hassle.
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

Nine One One wrote:A lot of European sellers on Ebay hate paying Paypal fees and do a lot of their transactions via bank transfer, which seems to be the norm for them.
....I've just done that and a bit of a risk at €430 but I'm a trusting sort and it feels fine :)
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

stretch wrote:I also sold a couple of parts to Germany and now the custom declaration forms need attention. A bit of a faff when your selling something for £30 quid on ebay etc. I can see many low value second hand items not being posted abroad by sellers as it's not worth the effort or hassle.
....early days and hopefully things will settle in time and we'll get used to the systems.
DustyM
I need to get out more!

Post by DustyM »

Don’t get me started

We’ve been back at work 2 weeks now and not had a single parts delivery.

Local EuroCarParts aren’t getting anything through from the UK

Other UK supplier deliveries stuck in customs because they want proof of payment (invoice not good enough) and we run accounts so haven’t actually paid yet!

Porsche main dealer in Belfast experiencing delays and issues with paperwork regarding what’s sold North or South of the border.

Mainland European suppliers are reticent to ship because of delays/issues with trucks going through the UK

Meanwhile the unfinished cars are stacking up here for want of a few parts to finish.

And I still have to figure out what paperwork I need to go through for parts that I usually send to the UK for reconditioning (callipers, chrome plating, alloys etc) that are a temporary export.

And then there’s the 10% duty on most stuff from UK suppliers.

And the fact that I now have to pay the VAT on delivery and carry that cost until vat return.

Bloody Nightmare.

Not sure why the UK government bothered with ‘negotiating’ a deal, they may as well have not bothered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

What a mess - what happened to the oven ready deal!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk