Press for bushes/bearings?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Press for bushes/bearings?

Post by neilbardsley »

I need to replace the watts linkage bushes on my Discovery 2. I can either buy the brushes for £50 or the linkage with the bushes installed for 110 (plus vat and postage). Maybe it's a good time to buy a press. What do you think of this one? Perhaps I don't need a press and can just use a socket with my vice?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12Ton-Hydrau ... SwD7dbIOge
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
camperco
DDK rules my life!

Re: Press for bushes/bearings?

Post by camperco »

You can come and use our press Neil.
Angus Watt http://www.greatworthclassics.co.uk

Greatworth Classics & VW Camper Company

Its a feature - not a fault sir..
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

welcome to come and use mine too
its not a huge one (8t or 10t, i can't remember) bench-top rather than a floor stander so fits in a car dead easy if you wanted to borrow it and bring it back
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Thanks I will take one of you up on that since I didn't have any space for a new toy away.
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP