Project Nine One Fuel

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

rookie
DDK Fanatic

Project Nine One Fuel

Post by rookie »

Hi Folks,

My gosh, I just noticed that the last time I logged in was 2 weeks shy of 3 years ago. I'm not even sure if anyone I used to know back in the UK from when I had the car one road is even using the forum? How bad of me to neglect this side of things. Well, sometimes you go through a period of time when you have to just put something down and not think about it for a bit.. The last few years have been like this with the car.

So, now that part of my life is passing through, I am getting interested again in the car and working out how to bring it over here and breathe some love in to it again. It would be rude to launch straight in to details, but I thought first it would be good to say hi after an absence and see how everyone is doing.

And yes, apologies, but the UK will eventually be minus one 914 as I'm bringing it over here. This is my home now, and she has to come over and join the family..

Cheers,
// Luke.

Luke.

1975 914. Currently in Kenilworth, being wooed by Melbourne.

http://www.fuel-press.com
nrc914
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Project Nine One Fuel

Post by nrc914 »

Welcome back to the forum Luke.

I'm sure there are loads of people still on here who will remember you and it would be great to hear a bit more about the car and your plans.

Cheers
Nathan

1975 914/4 1.8 (Needing Resto!)
2008 Cayenne GTS
1993 993 Carrera 2
1967 VW Beetle 1300 (In loads of pieces!)
jackstowers
DDK rules my life!

Post by jackstowers »

I understand the Aussie authorities are t very fond of LHD cars?
David

1973 914 zambezi green
1972 911T (lhd 71E engine)sadly sold
rusty914
DDK Fanatic

Post by rusty914 »

I'm sure Luke can use his legendery charm!

Hope life's treating you well out there !?!

Dave McKillop
1970 914-6 - Sadly now for sale after many great years and adventures.

1973 T2 Bay Window Camper
1937 Austin 7 Ruby Van
914 KEV
DDK rules my life!

Post by 914 KEV »

Hi Luke, been sometime…

Glad to hear you still have the black 914.

It doesn’t seem that long ago when you thinking about buy it after seeing it on Stateside Tunings stand at Stanford Hall VW Show back in 2001.
I had seen it up on a ramp some weeks before and you wanted to know my opinion.
You use to be always out and about in it back then before your job took you off to other countries.

As the 914 is more than 30 years old, you should be able to import it into the State of Victoria and register it without having to convert it to RHD.
914 Daily driver since 1990
jackstowers
DDK rules my life!

Post by jackstowers »

I stand corrected!
David

1973 914 zambezi green
1972 911T (lhd 71E engine)sadly sold
middlefour1
DDK rules my life!

Post by middlefour1 »

Hi Luke,

Welcome back, how's the family? Great to hear the fourteen is going to join your family as well.

Cheers
Steve
1970 Silver 914 - Gone but never forgotten........
rookie
DDK Fanatic

Post by rookie »

nrc914 wrote:Welcome back to the forum Luke.

I'm sure there are loads of people still on here who will remember you and it would be great to hear a bit more about the car and your plans.

Cheers
Thanks Nathan, the plans so far consist of trying to figure out how to get it over here. I'll try to keep things updated. I've been 'off' forums for sometime after a bad experience with some brainless armchair warriors on a forum here who left a bad taste in my mouth some time ago, but this forum was always a comfy place to be.
jackstowers wrote:I understand the Aussie authorities are t very fond of LHD cars?
LHD is all good, just over a certain age as Kev mentioned. It's bringing in heavily modified and customised cars which you can't do any more, but mine will be fine.
rusty914 wrote:I'm sure Luke can use his legendery charm!

Hope life's treating you well out there !?!

Dave McKillop
:? Who, me?! Yeah Aus is great. A very easy place to settle in. I came with almost nothing, now I have a family and my own business. It's a cool place.
914 KEV wrote:Hi Luke, been sometime…

Glad to hear you still have the black 914.

It doesn’t seem that long ago when you thinking about buy it after seeing it on Stateside Tunings stand at Stanford Hall VW Show back in 2001.
I had seen it up on a ramp some weeks before and you wanted to know my opinion.
You use to be always out and about in it back then before your job took you off to other countries.

As the 914 is more than 30 years old, you should be able to import it into the State of Victoria and register it without having to convert it to RHD.
Kevin! What a memory! That's absolutely right, and I'm digging my heels in that I won't let it go. It would make far more 'sense' to sell it as is and get some other project over here, but I'm determined to bring it here and let my boy see the refurb first hand over the years.
middlefour1 wrote:Hi Luke,

Welcome back, how's the family? Great to hear the fourteen is going to join your family as well.

Cheers
We're great, how about you Steve? My lad is 19 months now and loves cars, of course! It's so good to be back in touch.

L.
Luke.

rookie
DDK Fanatic

Post by rookie »

Hi Guys,

It's been a while... The time has come to finally get the old girl over here. I'll be in the UK in a couple of weeks sorting the car out for shipment and then she'll be on a boat headed for Australia. These things take time, but I never thought it would take me 11 years...
L.
Attachments
The car outside the lock up in Kenilworth umpteen years ago.
The car outside the lock up in Kenilworth umpteen years ago.
Luke.

Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

No rush! :) Be good to finally have it sat in your own garage.
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk