Happy Christmas!?!

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Fitz
DDK above all

Happy Christmas!?!

Post by Fitz »

I arrived home last night to find I have a Christmas present from my parents!! "A bit odd" I thought as I didn't think they were that senile but I went along with it :wink: . They have bought me a "Supercar Experience" through a company called "Activity Superstore". I had the choice of a Ferrari,Lamborghini,Aston Martin or Audi R8 (no mention of what models were on offer for the other three makes).

I've opted for the Lambo as I figured I might as well go for the maddest car available. I've got to get a further voucher and then decide on location and date but, as I've got to take it before December I'll let you all know how I get on.

Has anyone else done something similar through this company?
Anthony.

'66 RHD 912
johnM
I need to get out more!

Re: Happy Christmas!?!

Post by johnM »

Wow that's not a bad prezzie beats socks any day.
John
1970 2.2E Coupe.
2004 996 GT3 mkII
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS TSI DSG.
2021 Toyota GR Yaris Circuit Pack
james912
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by james912 »

I have done a couple of those and they are always good fun for a day.
Once of mine was in Leicester somewhere I think.

Hope everything is good with you. Missing the car :-(

James
---------------------
James
1969 White (Originally Burgundy) )912
59 Grande Punto D Sporting(Daily)
57 Smart
Stevie B
Married to the DDK

Post by Stevie B »

I did a ferrari experience in Liverpool area. Briefing,passenger ride in rover 25, ride in ferrari, certificate all done in 35 minutes. £140 wasted! Everyone else who i know that have done one of these have had a great time. Good luck with your gift I hope it last longer than my brief encounter.
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

Can't help but our local shop started selling Cadbury Selection boxes last week!!!

Really pi$$ed me off!!!!
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

markm
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Happy Christmas!?!

Post by markm »

Sainsbury's by me has done the same Jason, Xmas selection boxes. Local garden centre has also built it's Xmas grotto also
72 2.4s
96 993 RS
Series 1 DDK membership card
Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Post by Mick Cliff »

964RS wrote:Really pi$$ed me off!!!!
Welcome to the 'Grumpy' club Jason.
I've felt like that for some years now, gets earlier every year (or seems to)!!
Got to admit that if I go into a supermarket now that has Christmas stock on obvious display I turn round and shop elsewhere, and that's not easy :roll: .
Whatever happened to the old days when we worked until Christmas Eve lunch time'ish, did all the present buying in the afernoon then went for a drink. I recall that everyone was in the same Christmas spirit that afternoon.
And, of course we all went back to work the day after Boxing Day
By the time Christmas Day arrives now I'm totally bored with it and judging by the expressions on other people, so are they.
Bah! Humbug!
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
myatt1972
DDK rules my life!

Post by myatt1972 »

Mick Cliff wrote:
964RS wrote:Really pi$$ed me off!!!!
Whatever happened to the old days when we worked until Christmas Eve lunch time'ish, did all the present buying in the afernoon then went for a drink.
And, of course we all went back to work the day after Boxing Day
Bah! Humbug!
Thats what I do but you missed the bit about being "on call" on Christmas day and Boxing day.
I must admit to being pleased to get called out on Christmas day :oops:
Keith...

73 911e sporto
73 914 2.0l
86 928s S2
85 Mazda Rx7 (TWR)
85 Mazda Rx7
The Bonser fork truck
Volvo V40 T4 (200bhp workhorse)
TheEasyLife
I luv DDK!

Post by TheEasyLife »

We were looking at some Mince Pies in Tescos this afternoon which have a use by date of October 11. We couldn't believe it. Add us to the grumpy club too please.

James
1979 SC Targa - Long term project - in storage - purchased 10/16 - last looked at it in 08/18..
Fascinated with 911 seats and induction systems!

Previously
1973 911T in Gulf Blue (with 2.4E ITB's, EFI and EDIS) - from 07 till 16. Sorely missed.
TheEasyLife
I luv DDK!

Post by TheEasyLife »

And now to get back on topic. Congratulations. What a great present. I got a subaru and Ferrari experience with (IIRC) Everyman racing 4 years ago through work and took it at Prestwold nr Loughborough. Was really good, a few pax laps in some Alpina D3's so you learn the circiut then you drive a chipped Impreza Turbo round their track for a few laps then the same in a 360 or whatever it was. The impreza was way faster. It all lasted a few hours and you could buy pax laps for your friends who were there with you at sensible prices, IIRC it was £20-40 for 3 laps depending on which vehicle you chose. You always had an instructor with you so you don't trash the car. That impreza was quick though, it overtook me with ease when I had my foot to the floor in the Ferarri then slid the back end round a 90 degree corner as I had the racing line. One of the instructors was driving it and it was chipped to 400+Bhp aleggedly. Really impressive.

We need pics when you do go.

Cheers

James
1979 SC Targa - Long term project - in storage - purchased 10/16 - last looked at it in 08/18..
Fascinated with 911 seats and induction systems!

Previously
1973 911T in Gulf Blue (with 2.4E ITB's, EFI and EDIS) - from 07 till 16. Sorely missed.
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Tosh »

I did one at Silverstone a few years back - a "Supercar Experience" which worked up from the Audi
A3
Elise
308GTB
Dodge Viper

Took most of the day and was excellent: including learning that snakes don't like the rain. Elise was absolutely ace and if I was not a big fat bloke who would struggle to get in and out of one more than once a year, I'd be after one
02 986 Boxster
68 T Sporto (sold)
91 964 C2 Tip (sold)
Fitz
DDK above all

Post by Fitz »

I finally got my "Christmas present" day sorted out for yesterday so I thought I'd share it with you.

As James posted above this was with Everyman racing and the organization on the day was excellent. I took the experience at Kenilworth (as it is reasonably close to where my sister lives) and it turned out to be at the Prodrive test track.

I had a couple of laps as a passenger in a Subaru Imprezza to "learn" :lol: the track, then three laps in a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder 8) with an instructor egging me on all the way round (I touched 178mph on my last lap) and overtook an Audi R8 V10 as if it was standing still, followed by a fast lap as a passenger in an Ariel Atom which was an absolute blast, those things can really shift..and they go sideways quite nicely too :wink: .

Here's a couple of photos. I think the instructor is yawning in this first one :lol:

The Lambo was not really as yellow as it appears above but was a much more flat orange colour.

It's not the Stig...but it is the Stig's scruffier cousin!

So that was it, all over in about an hour but it was a great experience (I've never done a track day before) and I've got a video of the in-car footage and photos for "grey years" memories

I then had a quick blast down to Bristol to collect an engine lid from Dai (Streetwagens on here) for my 912 (thanks, Dai)and then back to Essex. 396.2 mile round trip... all in all a great day!
Anthony.

'66 RHD 912
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

8) sounds like a lot of fun.

maybe we should see about doing a DDK day at Porsche silverstone driving experience centre
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
jb
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by jb »

Helen wrote:8) sounds like a lot of fun.

maybe we should see about doing a DDK day at Porsche silverstone driving experience centre

That sounds like fun.
I would be happy to join in
Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

Looks fun :)

I've spent many a happy hour blasting around there as it's where I used to work.

Did you get to use the wet grip?

I've a day organised for all our extended family on the wet grip to get some practice in before winter!