What you all up to???

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

ims101
I luv DDK!

Post by ims101 »

Nice neat welding 8) Your on the table again & she's in! the car seats in the background!!
Your photos make me laugh cos you always have random things in the background (spot the one with the mug, pic of a shoe on it, I hope thats not your mug Rich?)
Ian
356 Replica with 911sc
Rita the Queen of Speed!
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

Can't take the credit for the neat welding. A place down the road did them, only charged me £10. And yes she was in, just had a dirty look followed by some abuse from the Boss. It must be love :lol: I think you would make a good Detective, you'll need to work your detective skills to work out if that really was my cup?? The clue's will be in some pictures to come...
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)
mdmax72

Re: What you all up to???

Post by mdmax72 »

Awefully quiet on the replica forum. Nobody upto anything with the cars, doing any tweaks etc. Anybody still building??

Took mine for a rolling road session recently to try and get rid of a flat spot, came back worse than l took it. They've had it this week, got a call today saying basically they had an almighty backfire whilst setting up and blew a hole in the rear silencer. Not a happy chappy to say the least.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

What you all up to???

Post by Bruce M »

Are you running a stock solex and a 009?
bonerp
DDK slapper chatter

Post by bonerp »

Mines with gary -speedster clinic for those uneducated - fixing the things the other shitesters didnt do right...and more besides...thats arden in didcot by the way if anyone ever considers putting work their way! I really wouldnt bother.

Gary is also trimming interior fitting roof and screen etc...cant wait to get her back now!

Full run down to follow.
Built a Pilgrim Speedster...only down one kidney

My build: https://sites.google.com/site/bonerp356/home

http://www.Speedsterclinic.co.uk

Now for sale! Next project looms...
Del
DDK forever

Post by Del »

bonerp wrote:Mines with gary -speedster clinic for those uneducated - fixing the things the other shitesters didnt do right...and more besides...thats arden in didcot by the way if anyone ever considers putting work their way! I really wouldnt bother.

Gary is also trimming interior fitting roof and screen etc...cant wait to get her back now!

Full run down to follow.
Boner, you won't regret letting Gary sort those jobs out for you.

I saw your car the other day, looks really nice. Not far from the finishing line now eh!
mdmax72

Post by mdmax72 »

Bruce,
it's running on twin webbers with a mallory dizzy. What were your thoughts??
Rich

DDK Member 0547

bonerp
DDK slapper chatter

Post by bonerp »

Del i really cant wait to see it and drive it!
Built a Pilgrim Speedster...only down one kidney

My build: https://sites.google.com/site/bonerp356/home

http://www.Speedsterclinic.co.uk

Now for sale! Next project looms...
Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

What you all up to???

Post by Bruce M »

Hellish flatspot is a common problem with near stock engines + 009.

Not much help for you though :)
mdmax72

Post by mdmax72 »

Thought I'd bring this thread upto the surface as its rather quite on the Replica section with only a few builds in progress.

So whatever your upto, post it. ;-)
Rich

DDK Member 0547

mdmax72

Post by mdmax72 »

Bit of an update.

So with a few miles on the engine. I seem to have a knock from the rear when going over speed bumps.

Thinking something has come loose I checked all suspension and bushes to no avail. So my thoughts turned to what have l changed since installing the new engine. The CSP Brace Bar. After nipping up the mountings, followed by a test drive. Still the same. So after more head scratching l increased the tension on each brace bar to stiffen it up further. This still had no effect going over speed bumps, so back to square one.

A few weeks passed and decided to pull the Brace bar from the car to see if the problem persists. After another trip out, hey presto. No more knock. After a closer look at the Brace bar ends, it appears the hole in the welded mounting tabs in which the cap screw goes through is a 9mm hole. The cap screw being M8 is 8mm, so we have a 1mm difference. Now this doesn’t seem much, but if you times the cap screw fixings X 6, then that’s 6mm of play when going over the humps?

Mounting tab as supplied with the 9mm hole;

First thought was to drill and re-tap to take a M10 cap screw. Looking closer there isn’t enough metal to do that. So decided to drill out the mounting tabs to a 10mm hole in order to accept a sleeve with a 8mm hole.

So with all the tabs modified and re mounted. Went out to in search of the speed humps. Result, no more knock, everything felt as tight as it should. Why they had a 9mm hole? I don’t know.
Rich

DDK Member 0547