gawsworth hall

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

keefy
DDK Fanatic

gawsworth hall

Post by keefy »

sunday 12-9-04 german sports car show,is anyone going??
will ddk be flying the flag??
this could be the northenish meet??
i do not want to go on the t i p e c stand with that lot.
Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

Bit of a disaster for me this one....

Left the house at 10:30...by 10:40 I was coasting to a halt with a broken throttle linkage. 11:40 back at the house thanks to the RAC.

4 hours spent removing the linkage and bodging the sheared rubber bobbin back together. Arrived at Gawsworth at 4:00pm and found this :cry:

Everyone had gone.

So I sneaked in front of the house just to take the picture and prove I did actually go!

Sorry I missed Keefy and anyone else from the DDK who went along.
Maybe next time I'll actually get there!
Rose
DDK above all

Post by Rose »

I sympathise, Gary. I was meant to be at Duxford today but spent the morning in bed throwing up (migraine, not a hangover!). Felt well enough to venture out about 3:30pm so set off for the pub to try and catch the Duxford people for a quick drink but couldn't get any money out of the cashpoint at Texaco :oops: (Probably due to the enormous OPC bill I paid on Friday) But the car does have a brand spanking new MOT and runs like a dream now. Drove around the country lanes in the hope of seeing some older Porsches leaving the airfield to wave at but unfortunately nothing but Boxsters on the road :cry:

Rose
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

you missed a good show, unfortunatly a lot left at about 1.30 when the heavens opened and it started to get very chilly.

concours and raffle prizes were given out at about 3pm (an hour early) as it became clear that everyone had had anough.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
keefy
DDK Fanatic

gawsworth hall

Post by keefy »

i got there about 11 is.£4 each to get in my car was in the display
section.had a walk round.coffee,cake.look at that 917 replica wow!
sky now gray.took photo of speedster and 917,then it pi**ed down,
quick scramble to put the hood up.had to go home to bolton like that.
so gary,it was not a good for me either,then a craft fair.
not as bad yours.
sorry i missed helen.what time did you get there??
saw 1 356 ,the rest mainly 944s ect.but it was the first one.
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

was that your speedster with the red hood? you moved it down next to the 917 rep to put the hood up?

if so then i was the one handing out the brands hatch programmes.[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/ ... racer1.jpg[/img][/img]
member#1182
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

no not her :oops:
member#1182
hashman
DDK forever

Post by hashman »

I feel for Gary71 and Rose, as i almost had a terrible day when I went to the Brands Hatch festival.
Started off with a flat battery, no probs, a quick jump with the (lifesaving) starter pack.
Stopped for petrol no hassle but cash machine and air compressor not working, still no big deal.
Car started on its own, phew, and next stop, the bank cash machine.
This is where the fun begins.
Firstly this cash machine also doesn't work, so jump back in car and the batteries decide not to work again.
Patience wearing now, jump out of car, put starter on battery and try again but a bad connection, so out of car, enthusiastically shutting door with keys left in ignition.
Re connect starter cables and try to get back in but it wouldn't let me.
I knew I shouldn't have put that new door lock cap on.
So keys and mobile phone trapped in car. F*%!*%" cars.
Luckily, or so I thought , there was a phone box next to the car.
This blooming phone wouldn't let me make a reverse call, it did eventually though.
Whilst waiting for my trusty old dad to turn up with breaking in tools (not that I have specified said tools) I tried gaing access with what I had.
I managed to get the rear quarter light window open and with the long thin piece of wood that holds my bonnet up, was able to prize up the door lock.
I managed to get this done before my dad left the house and with a jiggle of the starter cables I was on my way once more.
Sainsburys cash machine provided me with money and once at Brands things just got better and better.
So if there is any thing to be gained from all this hassle I would say never slam your old porsche door, when the keys are in the ignition and the windows are wound up.
:roll:
Keep the Outlaw Faith