356/912 into beetle/ghia...

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

356/912 into beetle/ghia...

Post by cubist »

I've been doing a lot of research into this one (for a future sacrilegious project) and found this rambling page which has some excellent and very useful info on the nittier-grittier bits of getting the bugger to fit...

http://www.bayarea.net/~diddler/black-s ... e-text.htm

Especially the bit about clutchplates...

(We just need to get Miggs to read and digest so that he'll put a proper engine in his dream lowlight Ghia... :wink: )
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
MdR

Re: 356/912 into beetle/ghia...

Post by MdR »

cubist wrote:I've been doing a lot of research into this one (for a future sacrilegious project) and found this rambling page which has some excellent and very useful info on the nittier-grittier bits of getting the bugger to fit...

http://www.bayarea.net/~diddler/black-s ... e-text.htm

Especially the bit about clutchplates...

(We just need to get Miggs to read and digest so that he'll put a proper engine in his dream lowlight Ghia... :wink: )
I too shall point Sonja at the site, that way she may finally give in & let me stick a Porka motor in her dream lowlight .. .. ... :alien:
Martin Rogers
+44 (0)7812 167547
'69 Ossi blue warmrod 3.0 911T
[sold & sorely missed]'67S '70 Targa T '75 914/4 x 2
Paul Knight
DDK Fanatic

Post by Paul Knight »

if you get close to installing one in a vw and want to have a looksie at how i did it in the ratmobile, just give me a call. incidentally, i had a 180mm flywheel (6volt) that slapped straight in to the bellhousing and, having tried a few clutch styles, i found the best to be the bugpack h/d 1500lb 180mm unit with a stock disc. cost about £35 from SSP - bargain!