914-6

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

Andy914
DDK Seasoned Poster

914-6

Post by Andy914 »

The time has come to bid farewell to my beloved 914...

1973 on the L, I bought it two years ago as a half finished project and as with most projects I've spent more time and considerable more money than I ever intended to when I started out!!

The body is really solid and was re-painted (Tangerine), before I bought it, as you can see the paint is really good, if I am being picky there are a couple of marks, nothing major; a small crack on N/S/F wing edge and a small patch of reacted paint on the inner edge of the O/S/F wing, just up from the the indicator. battery tray and sill are solid, floor is in near perfect condition as are both trunks. The Bumpers have fresh chrome and the tops are new and original.

I've fitted a 2.7 (150hp), on webers with a patrick MS Mount, I had it set up on the rollers in Novemeber and its putting out approx 170hp. The engine is strong; fires up straight away, no smoke, no leaks to speak of and pulls well. Just had the box in bits, all good apart from the synchro for 5th is a bit worn but fine. teh change is good and smooth in every gear.

Five stud conversion with 15" 6 & 7 Fuchs on new tyres, detailed and in perfect conditon. Front and rear anti-roll bars fitted in December.

The seats and door cards are original basket weave, I've had the upper, lower and back panel recovered in Nappa Leather.

This car it is not perfect, but it is correct and runs well, everything works, and it has a lovely patina. Tax and MOT June. If you are looking for a good, clean 914 and fancy a six and don't fancy the price tag of a good 914-6 and you don't want the hassle or cost of converting one yourself, this is the car for you! I've done all the work!! :lol:

I did 150 miles in it yesterday and apart from blowing the wiper fuse it didn't miss a beat.

The price.... mmm... after much concideration (over how much I have spent and the prices of 914 and 914-6 today), I have arrived at £15500

interested? PM m or call me on 07798 630813. Me and the car are in North London.

[/url]
Andy914
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Andy914 »

Hi, It was originally a 1.7, Although I have stated Tangerine it could be Signal Orange... It was painted before I got it and sadly the paint code plate was painted over and is unreadable. it was recently parked next to a Signal Orange 6 and to my eye it was a shade out (I am fussy!). Either way its the Original colour. Anyone have access to the Porsche database to confirm?? Chassis 4732903486... Thanks
Andy914
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Andy914 »

Helen,

Life is not complete without a good fourteen in it!! :lol: It needs a good home!! Took these last week...

Image Mmmmm six cylinders!! :salute:
Image That's not rush, just a bit of dirt in folds of the sealant!!
Image Same for the front trunk...
Image Small repair under the battertray otherwise solid...
Image Solid in this corner too!

Will someone please put me out of my misery, it's torture at the mo and I'm having second thoughts!! (don't tell my misses!)