rear seat belts

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

rear seat belts

Post by 912uk »

While my car is just a shell I was thinking about welding in some sort of rear seat belt mounts like the 912 has..

any suggesions..
Burma-Shave
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Burma-Shave »

Hi Mark, I guess you've seen this:

http://www.356registry.org/Tech/seat_be ... altby.html

..unfort doesnt cover rear belts but has a few basics that would cover front and rear. I cant remember the rear mounts in a 12 - I take it they are just lap belts, though? I am hoping to fit some rear belts to my C at some point, but was just going to bolt through the bodywork..
1990 964 C4, 1999 Boxster 2.5
And..'89 BMW E30 325i Touring. '83 Mercedes 280E. '84 Citroen 2CV. '16 BMW i3 REx. '03 BMW R1100S. '99 Yamaha R1. '79 BMW R100 scrambler.

Member#0336
912uk

Post by 912uk »

yes lap belts. Even if I don't use them there are welded in there ready I will take a look at that link cheers
Paul @ P R Services
Married to the DDK

Post by Paul @ P R Services »

Heres our ones.

No need for welding....just drill a hole in the same place that a 'C' has the anchor points.

They have a collar that goes up inside the car and a shaped spacer to look neat inside the car.... A bit better than the big washers shown on the registry site :shock:

£100 a set of 4 and will take less than half an hour to fit a set of lap belts in your car.

Three point mount belts are a lot harder to fit as you have to make up a reinforced shaped plate to go in the rear inner wheel arch….again no need to weld but the plate must be big enough so it won’t just open the wheel arch up like a can of beans in an impact……

With all this said…remember that your seats themselves may collapse in an accident and the belts will be doing nothing anyway
:cry:

P.R.Services LTD.
Cars For Sale, Parts, Racing and Service.
www.prs356.com
tel:- 07000 356911
Burma-Shave

Post by Burma-Shave »

Are these mounts for front and rear seatbelts? Were you meaning for front or rear mounts, Mark? I'm confused as usual.
My C has 3 point front belts, but they need modifiying at the mo as the inertia reel placement stops the rear seats from folding up..
1990 964 C4, 1999 Boxster 2.5
And..'89 BMW E30 325i Touring. '83 Mercedes 280E. '84 Citroen 2CV. '16 BMW i3 REx. '03 BMW R1100S. '99 Yamaha R1. '79 BMW R100 scrambler.

Member#0336
912uk

Post by 912uk »

are these for the front then?

I only ask as I am looking to add 3 point belts for the front and then for the rear lap belts well post a childs 4 point but will need to look at that..

I am also not using the standard Pre A seats as they are bit HUGE I have a set of 914's seats and a slight mod of cutting off the head rests to make bucket seats.. lightweight ones like the GT seats..
Paul @ P R Services
Married to the DDK

Post by Paul @ P R Services »

are these for the front then?
Yes…these are for putting front belts in.

They fit in the rear foot wells ( a ‘C’ will have them fitted from factory)
A T6 ‘B’ or‘C’ also has a fitment for over the shoulder belts but I don’t like the fact that the captive nut is just a standard thread and not 7/16 UNF (SAE)
I captive nut is only as strong as the amount of surface area of its thread, which is why all seat belt captive nuts are 7/16 UNF which is a very fine thread (bare with me on exact sizes as I’m at home doing this from my memory…which is the same as a goldfishes)

Read the registry link, it is all worked out on there…..

Mark………..or anyone else out there…
If you have worked out rear kiddies seat belts,, I would like to know as I have to source and fit a set very soon…..

P
P.R.Services LTD.
Cars For Sale, Parts, Racing and Service.
www.prs356.com
tel:- 07000 356911
912uk

Post by 912uk »

at the mo I have a britax seat all fitted in the 912 which is much more of a child friendly car to fit kids seats in..I will with some time turn to looking in more detail with the 356 the trouble I have is that the seats are in the loft and the car is in bits

I am sure its do able
40 scout
DDK rules my life!

Post by 40 scout »

mark - time the cars done he'll be grown up !!!!!(just kidding) -my front belts from quickfit just bolted thro - no welding reqd - all ok - come an have a shuftie if u like mate.
'72 911T - 212 BHP 2.7, on PMO's
'62 RHD T6 B outlaw
'71 Alfa GT Veloce 2000

1929 Indian 101 'bobber' project.
'40 Indian Sport Scout bobber
VW T5
!920's Racing Cycle
1920's Premier cycle
A few vintage Heuers

Member No 381
912uk

Post by 912uk »

yes I will have to so I can see where they are mounted..

The body work is coming on nice I hope to have all the floor in by the end of Sept and Oct the wings all done.. Shame really I wanted to do this inthe summer!!! but what summer.. I am little worried about stripping the metal to bear metal in the winter to do the body work

But I have a plan which involves plastic and a little heater..and do one panel at a time..and then dust coat it with etch primer.. :wink:
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Rear seat belts

Post by Ignatzcatz »

My rear seat pans are rusty, only discovered after stripping out all the old sound proofing/tar mat and as there are no repro panels available for this section of the car (mine's a 356B T6) (that is unless you know of some out there) I was thinking I would straight panel them across the inner wings to give me some luggage space. I'll bead the metal panel before I tack it in, I hope it should look quite business like covered with lightweight carpet. For the front I will run full harness attached to a cross bar bolted to brackets off the B pillar.
I am currently patching the fuel tank, three in so far and then checking for leaks with the air gun but I would much rather get a little aluminium tank fabricated. Stuff originality, Outlaws rule.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Winston Teague

Post by Winston Teague »

Am just starting to think about the issue of kiddie belts in the back of our BT5. Intrigued to know of a source of 4-point child size belt sets as the design of the belt will influence the mounting soloution. Our 1metre high 2.66 year old boy currently travels in a mildly butchered old britax seat attatched by mini ratchet straps to the mounts installed by a previous owner for his front 4-point rally harness. This needs the seat back removing. Unfortunately his head is now against the rear window!
Winston
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
Dakota
DDK forever

Post by Dakota »

Hi
try Quick fit seat belts in north east London, I have the number at work, they specialize in fitting seat belts in things that did not originally have them and also supply period buckles and fittings etc too, they are very helpful and normally have a solution.
yours Bill.
I am a person of simple pleasures so if you don't have any simple pleasures to offer me, beer, pizza or Porsche bits etc kindly leave me be, XX.