My LHD 1972 metallic gemini blue 911T

The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

ross.mcw
DDK slapper chatter

My LHD 1972 metallic gemini blue 911T

Post by ross.mcw »

For those that are interested, here is a link to an insane number of photos of my LHD 1972 metallic gemini blue 911T that I purchased from fellow DDK'er 'FMAN' over the New Year.

http://rosscp.zentest.co.uk/911

The photos go right back to 1990 and there's a Word doc file with the car's history since being imported from Berlin in December 1980 on the index page for anyone that's interested.

I'm now looking forward to better weather!

Cheers, Ross.
1972 911T in metallic Gemini Blue
FMAN
DDK addict

Post by FMAN »

Hi,

It is interesting to see what you have dug up on the history and the new photos you have added. I did contact Winter Porsche to see if they had any record but they didn't. I don't know if there is a German DVLA that might keep records.
I think this sort of collection of photos is always useful as a reference, I spent a lot of time going through some of the restoration threads on here to find certain views to work out what should go where.
I hope you have fun with the car when the sun comes out.

Regards

Neil
ross.mcw
DDK slapper chatter

Post by ross.mcw »

Thanks Neil, it would certainly be interesting to see if I can find out any of the car's German history, but without knowing what it's reg plate was over there I guess it'll be tricky. I have some friends in the fatherland though so I'll see if they can help me out.

Unfortunately, I've not heard back from the first UK owner since talking to him over Christmas but I doubt he'd still have any of the info relating to it's German history with it being so long ago.

I figured the more pics the better - helps document the history of the car and those kinds of pics will probably be useful to someone somewhere someday! Shows off yours and Alan's hard work as well!

All the best.

Cheers, Ross.
1972 911T in metallic Gemini Blue
hot66

Post by hot66 »

look forward to seeing the car on a DDK run once teh weather picks up 8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)