1973 911T CIS 2.4Ltr RHD Coupe Metallic Grey NOW SOLD

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

Hawkeye
DDK Seasoned Poster

1973 911T CIS 2.4Ltr RHD Coupe Metallic Grey NOW SOLD

Post by Hawkeye »

Oh well..... Coys didn't come up with a buyer at Ragley Hall today.

They placed a valuation/estimate of £17,000 - £21,000 on my 73.5 911T CIS 2.4Ltr Coupe with a reserve of £18,000.

So I've put "my own price" on her at £16,950 ono to sell.

Cheap, I know, but I am committed to another Porsche purchase and only have space for one.

Check out:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/239446.htm

The 911 seventy three & a half…

The rare “73. 1/2” 911 CIS

These cars were:

Only made for the US market

Only made between Jan & July 1973
(2nd half of this model year thus 73.5)

The Only Lightweight / Classic models manufactured with the…..

“2.4 Ltr engine (largest at that time)

915 legendary 5-speed gearbox

CIS Bosh K-Jetronic fuel injection system”
………combination.

* This marque was the very last of the “Lightweight classics” Porsche ever produced.

* Favoured by many to be used as the basis for the
Carrera RS replica.

* A “Matching Numbers” car. Good condition throughout. Excellent history, including original California owners service record book.

* Highly desirable to the collector but also at a price to be used and enjoyed.

* Taxed and Tested ready to drive home.

Simon 07850 390107 (Rugby, Warwickshire)

Hawkeye[/img]
Last edited by Hawkeye on Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.
1975 914-4 2.1
2007. New to the Porsche marque but already owned a:
1980 911SC 3.0 Coupe
1969 911T
1973 911T "73.5" CSI Coupe
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nick Moss »

Was this car originally LHD?
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
Hawkeye
DDK Seasoned Poster

Was this originally LHD

Post by Hawkeye »

Hi, YES she was originally LHD. She was converted to RHD pretty much the day she arrived from California.

The boys at Autofarm suggest that she would be worth another £5,000 had she not been converted and Coys have (apparently) reflected this in their estimate.

For a buyer who wants the last of the early lightweights AND RHD then she is ideal.

For the basis for an RS Lightweight conversion then she would also be a good platform to work from.

I personally prefer a RHD buy no doubt the purists out their will want to see her returned to the original factory LHD.

If she fetches a figure within the reserve band then their is a financial justification in doing so I guess.

Thanks for the question

Simon
Last edited by Hawkeye on Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1975 914-4 2.1
1980 911SC 3.0 Coupe
1969 911T
Hawkeye
DDK Seasoned Poster

911T For sale

Post by Hawkeye »

I've also put her on Classiccars and carandclassics web sites.
I guess I'll do eBay as a last resort. Anybody think of any other web based avenues I should consider?

Hawkeye
1975 914-4 2.1
1980 911SC 3.0 Coupe
1969 911T
Hawkeye
DDK Seasoned Poster

What to do?

Post by Hawkeye »

"A chap phones up about my Porsche. Gets excited, wants to buy, tells me he is due to sell his 997. Then decides ..... yep..... that's the one for me. Then he pays a deposit and agrees to pay the balance on collection next friday. All is good in the world until....... ummmm can I change my mind."

I've subsequently posted "Deposit Taken" on every internet advert.

So if the deposit was "to buy" and not "to hold until..." and subject to no conditions. Does he still own the right to purchase the car until he fails to conclude business next friday?

Do I have the right to sell elsewhere between now and next friday?

Do I keep the deposit if he fails to conclude business?

What to do......

Hawkeye
1975 914-4 2.1
1980 911SC 3.0 Coupe
1969 911T
1972_911t
DDK forever

Post by 1972_911t »

Keep the deposit either way, I would give him unitll friday as previously agreed before you make a deal with anyone else. Then if he still says he doesnt want it re-advertise it. I think that would be the best way to cover your back. If you start offering it to others before the end of the agreed period and not give him his deposit back it may look bad on you even though hes hinted he doesnt want it anymore.

Steve
Hawkeye
DDK Seasoned Poster

Re: What to do?

Post by Hawkeye »

Thanks Steve,

Good advice.

Interestingly I have a meeting with my solicitor on monday over a property deal. I shall ask the same question.

My guess is that he will agree with you.

I post the next series of events.

Hawkeye
1975 914-4 2.1
1980 911SC 3.0 Coupe
1969 911T
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

i would never bother taking a deposit off anyone, they either want the car or they don't.

and that way the car stays on the market untill the deal is done.

in your situation i would wait untill next friday and then return his deposit (i wouldn't want to loose my reputation for being honest & nice to deal with )and put the car back on the market. if in the mean time someone else wants the car then explain that the first guy has got untill friday to put his money where his mouth is.
richkaz
DDK rules my life!

Post by richkaz »

KEEP THE DEPOSIT. ITS ABOUT TIME PEOPLE STARTING HONOURING AGREEMENTS. UNLESS YOU FORCED HIM TO BUY THE CAR AT GUNPOINT YOUR REPUTATION WILL NOT BE HARMED ONE IOTA. :evil:
“Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three
decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good "..

1971 911 2.2T sold
1970 911 2.2S Sold but remains within DDK
1959 Lancia Flaminia PF Coupe
Hawkeye
DDK Seasoned Poster

Re What to do?

Post by Hawkeye »

Helen's view mirrors mine. However the "buyer" is now starting to put my nose out of joint a little.

He knew that the Porsche is a Cali import.
He knew that the Porsche had been converted to RHD
He knew that the Porsche had been restored by a previous owner in 2005 and the body colour (albeit a Porsche colour) is not the original colour the car was manufactured in.

He knows it is straight, drives well and has full 12 months MOT. (By the way, I have 5 people who are also interested. He knew this also and his paid his deposit in order to knock out the competition. To this day he has not seen the car in the flesh).

He also knows that at £16,950 it is priced "to sell" and not a kings ransome for that of a concourse showpiece.

Post deposit he asked me to send him as many photo's as I could. (I took 30 !!!).

Now he is attempting to recover his deposit he has scrutinised my photo's and the best he has come up with is the air-vents in the centre front of the dash. "They are not age authentic to the marque he tells me". I check out his comment and sure enough I believe he is right.

The fact that I did not reference the dash in any of my sales script has now become the basis for his case to pull-out ....... suggesting that I purposefully ommitted a detrimental fact.

Wow wee. Had he not pointed it out I would have never known.

Moreover as he knew that the car had undergone a LHD/RHD conversion surely it is ovious that the dash will not be the original and must have come from a donor car, back in 1991, when the conversion took place.

Starting this comment saying "I am in agreement with Helen" is rapidly becoming short lived as the buyer is now telling me that he has talked to Lawyer family members and they collectively suggest I am a decietful, misrepresenting lier...... Now that does hurt.

I appreciate that he is attempting to use scare mongery to recover his deposit and he is grasping at straws over the air-vents in the dash as a reason to withdraw but I do wonder how courteous I should be with his deposit now he has elected to be damming?

Hawkeye
Last edited by Hawkeye on Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1975 914-4 2.1
1980 911SC 3.0 Coupe
1969 911T
Bob_Salmon
DDK forever

Post by Bob_Salmon »

Normal practice in the boating world when a potential buyer pulls out, having already placed a deposit, is to retain it until a sale goes through elsewhere. If the final sale price is what was first agreed, and you have not suffered financial loss, then return the deposit. If the eventual sale price is less than that originally agreed, you retain the difference, or you retain the whole deposit if the sale falls that much below the original agreement.

That seems fair to me, but if the person who put up the original deposit starts to get 'difficult' then tell him to sue you. I am sure his family legal friends will explain the facts of life to him!

Bob
Rust - what holds the holes together......

Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

to be honest i couldn't be bothered with the hassel, i would just return his deposit (i won't what to sell to someone like that anyway) and contact the other people that showed an interest before.

lesson to be learnt.. is never take a deposit from anyone, especially someone whos not even seen the car. the chances are they will change their mind.

the car stays on the market untill the new buyers pays for it in full.
Derek
DDK rules my life!

Post by Derek »

Just my point of view but I would rise above it and give them the deposit back.

He or she sounds like a bit of an ass, don't drop to there level.

1970 911 3.6T
Hawkeye
DDK Seasoned Poster

Re: What to do?

Post by Hawkeye »

Thanks Bob. That sounds the fairest idea thus far.

Helen you a right. A lesson learned indeed. "For Sale until sold".

Hi Derek, he writes like an ass too !! "If you don't give me my deposit back, I'll do this... I'll do that ..... and on.

Moreover..... my new 914-4 is collecting cobwebs whilst I wait to transfer the insurance across!!! I watch the summer nights closing in..

I am honorable and honest. I shall not stoop to his level.

I have some back up buyers. One of which is instructing Peter Morgan Associates in the morning to inspect on his behalf. A far more sencible route to buying and showing real committment. Really nice on the telephone and currently a pleasure to do business with.

I want my 911 T CIS Coupe to go to a good home and complete a transaction that I have fond memories.

I remember writing "people buy from people" to you Derek a while a go when discussing your 914 for sale. I shall stick to that principal and ensure that I am comfortable with the buyer !! Why should the emphasis be just on the seller and the product.

I shall post the outcome of the Inspection and the eventual decision I make with the currently held Deposit..

Hawkeye
1975 914-4 2.1
1980 911SC 3.0 Coupe
1969 911T
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

sounds a dick... send him his deposit minus £100 for your lost adverts,bank charges and time to cover it.. if he gets arsey then tell him to ***** off.

what I would do..