Dannyboys 914

The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

dannyboy
DDK addict

Dannyboys 914

Post by dannyboy »

Well as i've sent off my cheque i'm now a member so here's some details. Always have had aircooled cars since my first 70 bug at 17 , never been without one. Since then had a long list of bugs ( mostly pre67 ) , early notches , squares and a few GP buggies. I had just finished doing a resto cal 65 and out of the blue the 914 appeared. Had a chance many years ago on owning one but i passed it up for a splitty van. So i'm finally a Porsche owner :)

So a little about the car. 1974 914 cali import ,engine spec:2056 71mm lightened crank and rods,web cam,kb silvolite race pistons,big valve 44-38 ported and polished heads, 44mm carbs with tall k&n's,9.2:1 compression , breather system, remote oil cooler , fully merged race exhaust (no heating),race ignition, rev limiter , new clutch and rsr gearbox mounts, body is in very , good condition and very straight . The bonnet and scuttle area will need a repaint which will be done this winter. Suspension is all new uprated shocks and rear springs , fronts are fulled height ajustable as factory spec.Interior is very tidy stock and has great original carpets , now has a console fitted aswell.

Future plans. paint as mentioned , a dyno tune , new screen and replace disc's all round and uprate pads. The exhaust is going to be copied , slightly modded and done in polished SS thanks to Rich ( Turbo Thomas)Also some anti roll bars at some stage. I would like to give the car a competition look though still remain original as possible. Any mods will use second hand parts and be easily reversed. Really want a cage in it though a harness bar and harnesses will do for now.

For me the car is awesome. It's fast as i need it to be , stops well and seems to be nicely balanced. I can honestly say my 914 is probably the best car i have owned and the more i work/clean and admire it the bigger the smile on my face gets. Few little tidy jobs here and there but in general a lovely car thats been really well looked after. Have all documentation from new aswell , all 2 binders worth!

I'll update as stuff happens!

Dan :wink:

Last edited by dannyboy on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
75 2.1 914 owner
abm914
Events Organiser

Post by abm914 »

Nice looking car - hope to see youout and about at some of the 914 events!!!

Ad.
Pablo
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Pablo »

Very nice, not too dissimilar to mine.
Derek
DDK rules my life!

Post by Derek »

Nice car :)
1970 911 3.6T
kevster
Married to the DDK

Post by kevster »

loverly motor - blimey all the silver 14s are really coming out of the woodwork - getting common as muck :lol: :lol:

Paint looks really straight - mines a way off that yet :wink:
'74 silver 914 2.0 US import
'91 944 S2 cab
renault scenic dci
trek Y22 OCLV FS
GT dyno deuce cruiser
sarasota cruiser
not enough toys - too little time...
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

look better with a sunvisor... :|