Pictures of Targa in France last year

The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

stait9
DDK Seasoned Poster

Pictures of Targa in France last year

Post by stait9 »

Have been busy getting married and re-building the new home so didn't get round to posting these but we had fun. Engine was literally finished on Friday before the wedding and I picked it up on Saturday. Sunday we were off. About 2,500 mile not a problem, amazing.

Now it just needs a tune before getting back on the road for this summer. After the summer it's time to sort the bodywork out!

First step - leave Pompie...

Next drive top down in sunshine

Have guidence on route

Find some shade to cool down and drink some wine

Let her have a go because the wine and food were too delicious

Stay in fantastic hotel where the German owner asks you to leave the car outside the entrance 'cause it looks beautiful..

And let the train take the strain home!

'69 911 Targa 2.0T
'61 Beetle
saxon
DDK forever

Post by saxon »

Lovley car looks like you had a great time. 8)
2010 mini mayfair cooper s
1999 mini cooper works s

Peter
Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

Great road (and rail!) trip! Looking forward to taking mine to France this summer 8)
Gilbert '71 T
I luv DDK!

Post by Gilbert '71 T »

Quality :) Nice pictures, looks like you had a great trip 8)
I'm taking my Red Targa on honeymoon to France as well this summer and I can't wait :P probably do the same as you too, get the train back :wink: i'm a bit worried about clearance though as my car is pretty low, how did you find getting the 911 on the autorail?
Darren
71 911T with C3 motor
stait9
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by stait9 »

They rail guys do it for you and it's basically driven off a ramp on to the carriage, you should be fine. The one thing that got me was that the guy only started it by turning the key through the window - let's put it this way, the car sounded very thirsty trying to warm up.

FYI the train doesn't start until May 27th which is why we drove down the west coast and caught the train back. If you thinking of doing that catching the ferry from pompie over night and heading to Ile de Rie (?) near La Rochelle is really cool. Strange place full of sandy beaches and small boutique hotels, have a look at Hip Hotels book.
'69 911 Targa 2.0T
'61 Beetle
stait9
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by stait9 »

Forgot to add, if you want to do the alpine pass over to Italy, catching the train to Nice is a great idea, there's also a really cool gorge north of Nice with an amazing road - or I also learned the Belgium Rail (or something like that) actually have a train which goes all the way to Milan.

To those of you going, if you've not already book your hotels, I've got a couple of books you might want to have a look at (as well as suggested drives), let me know, I'll send them through and just send 'em back when you've finished.

Cheers

Stuart
'69 911 Targa 2.0T
'61 Beetle
Gilbert '71 T
I luv DDK!

Post by Gilbert '71 T »

Cheers, just the sort of info I was after, We are going right down to the south coast, so will probably come back via Avignon depending on which route we take down and how much time we think we'll have, at the moment it's looking like we'll be making our way to Lyon stopping at Paris(for the missus) then going over the alps into Italy to Turin and back into France heading for Nice for a few days, Cannes for a few more then back up a bit to Avignon, and train it back from there :)
Mind me asking what the books you got are? as I'm looking for hotels and could do with all the help i can get right now
Darren
71 911T with C3 motor
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

looks great my parents have a boat in the south of France always wanted to meet up with them out there in the summer.. how much was the old train thing??

Mark
stait9
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by stait9 »

I'll try and dig out all the information tonight and get back to you both, however, I believe the overnight train from Avignion was around the £400 mark, I'll confirm that as well.

Cheers

Stuart
'69 911 Targa 2.0T
'61 Beetle
rapido
DDK forever

JUST FOR INFORMATION !

Post by rapido »

click the linkfor more price with french train.....
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/guide/autot ... e_Avignon/
start lille and arrival to avignon, the price is for a car with two passenger !

rapido :)
stait9
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by stait9 »

Hello Darren

How did the honeymoon go? Did you get it all planned out? Apologies for being lax and not getting the books to you in time. Things got a bit hectic and by the time everything got unpacked it was too late, sorry.

Cheers

Stuart
'69 911 Targa 2.0T
'61 Beetle