windscreen woes

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

windscreen woes

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Just back from the 49th 356 international meet in sunny Portugal. Indeed all was sunny apart from my windscreen that got smashed. I have located a replacement screen but I need a good guy to install it. Anybody have any recommendations for expert installers in the Southern area???
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Re: windscreen woes

Post by Hugo 356 »

This guy makes it look easy enough (bearing in mind this is new glass)

https://youtu.be/tbFu1r_erw0?t=942

how was the drive / engine / final assembly / event? Any pics?
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Re: windscreen woes

Post by Ignatzcatz »

OMG where did they get that dreadful music emerge from, must have nicked it from the BBC, bang on!
I know what would happen if I tried to fit one myself, on the last push and thump the screen would split from corner to corner. I have fitted a couple in my past but that was Ford Anglia days and not £450 Porsche screen days so it's got to go to the experts.
The Portugal trip was awesome, my 2.8 engine was equally awesome but incredibly thirsty and v sorry, no pics cos I can't get the buggers to download. I understand there is about 700 on a facebook link somewhere. I shall be searching for that.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail