Festival of Speed Ticket for the Friday - WTB

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Festival of Speed Ticket for the Friday - WTB

Post by Gary71 »

Our chassis team love it as they get to do skids on the hill for 4 days, all the actual project work comes to a stop :)
hot66

Post by hot66 »

I went a few years ago when vw got the hill record ( subsequently broken ).

I loved it . Got in early when gates opened before the crowds, met some mates, watched some amazing stuff go up the hill etc … left at the end of the day and drove back to Yorkshire.

I love all cars so for me it was great . Shame its so far away.
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Surely the answer is if you don’t like it, don’t go rather than pay a lot of money for tickets and then moan about it? Personally, I am glad that people put on events like this so the general public have a choice. And enough people do seem to enjoy the day out.
The force is strong in this one ......
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

We have only been once, the 2nd year it ran.
It was fabulous, but we were keen hillclimbers then!
As said, miss it if not your bag.
The current crowds would put us off, but the TV coverage today was superb.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

yoda wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:28 pm Surely the answer is if you don’t like it, don’t go rather than pay a lot of money for tickets and then moan about it? Personally, I am glad that people put on events like this so the general public have a choice. And enough people do seem to enjoy the day out.
I think that’s fair, I actually went for my sons birthday present, he’s madly into cars, and on balance, he had a good time.

My moan is more around how lazy Goodwood were. Very little content, considering the overall price of the event. - that said, when you look at social media of the event, a completely different story- but that’s social media for you.

As I said, my opinion isn’t a popular one, I also appreciate that this is a whinge post. Maybe I should just have taken some more of my happy pills before I went. 😝
Sam

Post by Sam »

Disco wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:43 am Maybe I should just have taken some more of my happy pills before I went. 😝
Disco biscuits?
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

Went on the Thursday, sun was out...which helps.

I enjoy wandering the paddock, checking out the shiny new stuff, mooching around the Cartier lawn. I didnt venture to the Rally stage this year as did last year and same cars again pretty much.
Overall I think its still a great event. There was some very special Pork there, which always helps.

But it's expensive, the queues for food, queues to get in (miles and miles and miles of standstill traffic), queues to get out (the entry/exit for such a massive event is staggeringly crap) are really bloody annoying and do take the shine off it all. The Thursday was as mobbed as any weekend I can remember in previous years. And as with everything, the increasing gap between the "haves" and the "have nots" in terms of access is a bit sad.

Would I go again? Yes.

Is it the best Goodwood event? No - MM for me all the way....just hope that stays "small".
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
theorangeperil
DDK forever

Post by theorangeperil »

There was a 918 in the Cartier Concourse?
Next to a Carrera GT Zagota. One of six made.

It’s like Top Gear. A show for the mass market, but I still enjoy it and feel we are privileged to have events like this in the UK.
Peter
'69 911T UK RHD enjoying since 2002
'86 924S - Gone but not forgotten. Porsche's best kept secret...
'04 911 40th Anniversary now gone
'11 911 GTS manual of course...
Sam

Post by Sam »

theorangeperil wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:51 pm Next to a Carrera GT Zagota. One of six made.
I love that car.

https://carhuna.com/auctions/vehicle/20 ... to-83db578
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.