3.4 Litre Twin Plug RSR Engine and 915 Gearbox

Please add Porsche parts and anything you wish to sell here (no commercial sales)

Moderator: Bootsy

RENNSPORT CLASSICS
DDK forever

3.4 Litre Twin Plug RSR Engine and 915 Gearbox

Post by RENNSPORT CLASSICS »

I am selling my privately owned very well developed 3.4 Litre Engine and Gearbox combination as I have decided to go a different route with an RSR I am building for myself. It was originally a Russell Lewis derived 3.0 RSR engine recently rebuilt with less than 2000 miles since. Clutch flywheel, conrods, crank have all been balanced to zero. It was finally recommissioned by Nick Fuljames and after a misfire developed months after went to JZ McTech that rebuilt the twin plug distributor, fitted a new lead set and tuned it on the rolling road achieving a massive 360bhp of power.

The gearbox is a rebuilt external oil cooler strengthened 915.

I have sold the very old Motech System it had, intending to fit a much more modern version but have changed plans. It therefore needs an injection system, either carbs, mechanical or a bespoke modern version of Motech or similar

It has RSR ceramic coated headers and twin exhaust, clutch flywheel all included just as it was when it was removed from the donor road car it was fitted to. I removed it as it proved too much of a handful for those that thought they could handle it

It is very fast and be under no illusion it will need big brakes and uprated suspension to cope with the power.

I am asking £30K and anyone that commissions such a beast will know that is a good price. There are bills for over £65K.

I may be interested in a part exchange engine as I need a basic donor engine for my replacement build 2.7 or 3.0 WHY?

With this engine once you have decided on an inlet system you won't have to wait long before you can enjoy it and it could be ready for the spring!

No messages please just call 07774 911959 if you are interested.

Thanks for reading Mark.