Porsche for sale of the day..........

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
yoda
I need to get out more!

Re: Porsche for sale of the day..........

Post by yoda »

gridgway wrote:It didn't sell although I didn't see what it was bid to. When I looked about 10 mins before the end it looked like it was going bid to 40 ish.

I decided that even though my car isn't likely to be back in action this summer, it would just be too complicated to buy a stand in as it were. Also at early 30s it felt comfortable, at 40+ it didn't!
What's up with your car Graham, thought it was just having an engine swap?
The force is strong in this one ......
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

gridgway wrote:It didn't sell although I didn't see what it was bid to. When I looked about 10 mins before the end it looked like it was going bid to 40 ish.

I decided that even though my car isn't likely to be back in action this summer, it would just be too complicated to buy a stand in as it were. Also at early 30s it felt comfortable, at 40+ it didn't!
It is showing as sold for £44500 on CC. Punchy if you ask me.
gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by gridgway »

yoda wrote:

Must have done a deal after the end - was showing as unsold with the "still interested" button to press. Obviously someone was!
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

yoda wrote:

What's up with your car Graham, thought it was just having an engine swap?
Yes indeed Feroz. But we've only got part way through. The idea was to get it done over the winter, me and the guy who runs my race car (and restores historic race cars). We abandoned ship with lockdown. Now the season is in full swing, he is literally flat out with race cars in the week and circuits at the weekends. So in reality, it'll probably stay half done until racing stops again sadly.
Graham
Gustosomerset
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Gustosomerset »

yoda wrote:

I hadn't seen that. Thanks. Although CC has been discussed at great length elsewhere, just my 2p worth of recent experience. Selling a Golf R which I knew was worth between £23k and £24k, I thought I'd give them a go. They asked what my reserve would be and I said £23k. They refused to take it on unless I agreed to a max reserve of £21k. So I sold it the next day on Autotrader (to the second caller) for £23.5k. I guess a Golf R is perhaps not the 'right' car for CC but it does occur to me that it may not be the best way to sell (or buy) a car at the 'right' price....
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Very true. They don't earn a comm unless the car sells so they want to keep the reserve at or around the trade price which is relatively easy to determine for recent / high volume cars.
964RS

Post by 964RS »

gridgway wrote:Those prices are just guesses from some bloke on PH!

I think it strange to put them all on in one go as well. Must depress the prices surely?
It’s all about publicity.

And the collection is being talked about on every single platform everywhere.

With it being such a huge mix of different cars also there will be lots of interested parties who are interested in different things.

If just 3 or 4 were listed at a time no one would be talking about the collection nor CC promoting it to the huge extent they are...
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

This looks nice, despite considerable tyre brand confusion.....
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 743519672/

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1339168

Given how much a body takes to do properly...if this has been done properly...stick a flat 6 in the back, lightweight carpet, sports seats and off you go...but still the price feels just a bit ambitious? Not by much though.
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
Cortina
DDK rules my life!

Post by Cortina »

jonno1 wrote:https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1339168

Given how much a body takes to do properly...if this has been done properly...stick a flat 6 in the back, lightweight carpet, sports seats and off you go...but still the price feels just a bit ambitious? Not by much though.
Interesting - I thought it sounded on the cheap side - IF , it has been properly done. (big IF)
Royal Enfield .. still in India
GL 1800 Tour DCT, for pleasure / Fantic 240 Professional - play
Rally 911 (1966) build parked for a while
Rally 928 (work started again - inc serious weight loss programe !)
.... and now another VW Up GTI owner.
70sThrowback
DDK slapper chatter

Post by 70sThrowback »

I hadn't seen that. Thanks. Although CC has been discussed at great length elsewhere, just my 2p worth of recent experience. Selling a Golf R which I knew was worth between £23k and £24k, I thought I'd give them a go. They asked what my reserve would be and I said £23k. They refused to take it on unless I agreed to a max reserve of £21k. So I sold it the next day on Autotrader (to the second caller) for £23.5k. I guess a Golf R is perhaps not the 'right' car for CC but it does occur to me that it may not be the best way to sell (or buy) a car at the 'right' price....[/quote]

I know someone who was thinking of selling his 1976 911 Targa on CC. Its had a nut and bolt resto with a full engine rebuild only 3 years ago, so you can imagine how much that cost. He was thinking circa £45k hopefully more than that. CC wouldn't take it unless the reserve was les than £35k. He decided against that.
Jonny

Current custodian of 1976 Porsche 912E, 1973 VW Camper
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

It's quite a hard line to tread for CC as if they insist on reserves too low, people won't want to sell and if they set them too high and cars don't get sold that doesn't work either.

I had a bit of wrangling when I sold my GT3 with them. In the end the car made more than the reserve I wanted anyway, so all academic. I think it's ok, a bit of a lottery as auctions tend to be. If you get some keen bidders in competition it can get strong prices. I was just a tad disappointed with amount I got, but to get more I would have had to advertise and do all the car selling thing and there is a small market for stellar mileage GT3s, so it may have taken some time.

Graham
Gustosomerset
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Gustosomerset »

Yes, agree. I think the online auction model works well for specific types of car, seller and buyer...but it's by no means an ideal platform for most car sales (and I don't think CC aim to be). It'll be interesting to see how the the market.co.uk develops now that Bonhams have acquired it. I think they may now become an alternative to CC, having been somewhat overshadowed - and their vehicle descriptions are certainly much better written IMHO. As a side issue, I enjoy the CC podcast - Chris Harris is a great interviewer - and, as a long-term customer of Lovett Porsche, can't wait for him to interview Ed Lovett about why he left the family business.
Sam

Post by Sam »

I don’t think it’s hard to guess why. Buying and selling on cars for a profit is really tough for dealers now. CC can make a few grand on each transaction without any risk, without needing a yard to keep all the cars in, or lots of staff, or the warranty come back, or having to have millions in cash or borrowings to fund it all.

To make a living out of sales as a full-on shiny showroom dealer now I reckon you’d need a £10k gross margin in anything you buy and it’s got to be very difficult to buy anything that cheaply.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk