Salt.

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

deano
I luv DDK!

Re: Salt.

Post by deano »

sisu wrote:
Graham get yourself a can of ACF50 from Amazon. Used it on the motorbike for years. It is an anti rust spray for aircraft at sea. Spray this under the car before you head off and it will stop any corrosion and doesn't damage your paint or patina if you are that way inclined.
Thanks for the tip!!

For the benefit of others, the Youtube videos that I looked at suggested that the spray cans might be unreliable and lay it on too thick. I bought the 950 ml bottle with atomiser spray bottle, which they reckon lays it on nicer https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400997143519. Bear in mind that you can put this stuff on absolutely anything that you want to protect from the elements including electrical terminals, nuts/bolts, paintwork, plastics and you might want it to still look nice, so need to be able to spray it on really thin...
Dean
1973T Targa MFI 334 met blu- under restoration https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 28&t=67060
1980 924 Turbo, blu/grn tartan - restored
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Best thing I did last October was to buy a little runaround to use whilst the toys are tucked up nice and cosy in the garage for Winter. I know they should and could be used all year round but I just can't bear to see the car all shitted up. So I bought a Peugeot 206 Allure from a local dealer, it had 11 months MOT, leather interior, retractable metal roof ala Boxster, new tyres, air con, CD radio, it's 5 speed dohc and goes like stink, cost was 395. A no brainer if ever there was one.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

It's the middle of April, I actual got a bit sunburned at the weekend, but the roads here are virtual white with the build up of salt! We've had cold nights and very little rain to wash it away :(
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
norfolkboy
DDK Newbie

Post by norfolkboy »

same here in Norwich, but hopefully not long now until the roads are black again