Anodising Door frames & rear quarter windows

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Jonnydaz53
DDK slapper chatter

Anodising Door frames & rear quarter windows

Post by Jonnydaz53 »

Hi Guys who are we all using to do the Anodising of Door frames & rear quarter windows??

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
911GP
DDK forever

Re: Anodising Door frames & rear quarter windows

Post by 911GP »

I had mine done but every step of the process was a PITA. Rear windows that wouldn't come apart, took forever to get done, had to be redone since the person I used wasn't happy with the results, had to wait ages again and bits went missing (I don't know why but this seems to be a common issue). The person I used said he was never going to do window frames again.

If they are not too bad, I would leave them as they are.
Kind regards
Gitesh
veryporky
DDK forever

Post by veryporky »

I used nick moss about 7 years ago and was very pleased with result. Dismantling of the frames is time consuming but best done by yourself due to time and patience required. Let nick have the bare frames and it should go well! I thought his service good value compared to some of the other quotes and result was beyond criticism. I've got some more that'll need to be done soon so would be interested to hear how it goes!
Keith
nickphillips
DDK above all

Post by nickphillips »

I used Nick for my wheels some years ago and they were great, im looking to have my frames done as well......lets ask Nick for a group buy :-)
911 - 1970 2.2S - Nearly finished