steel wheels

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

Dean.s
DDK slapper chatter

steel wheels

Post by Dean.s »

My car came with a set of steels as manky roller rims. I don't have the coa yet to see what was originally fitted.

Today i took it out of the garage for some fresh air & space needed work when stood back and thought hmm, i quite quite like the steels look (obviously refurbed if i keep them).

Only issue with them is that 1 is wider rimmed than the other 3. Is there anyway i can check originallity? Stamps on the rear (although they're all crusted up so unreadable) offsets etc? It would be a bit of a problem to whip tyres off and measure the rim widths. However as a bit more info to go on. If i measure from the inner rim to the edge of the wheel it is 2" but the oddball is 3". The 2" rims, in my opinion, sit and fit nicer.

I'll try and find a pic on here to show the style but for now they look like the old beetle gt style rims.
1974 Porsche 914
Jonny Hart
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: steel wheels

Post by Jonny Hart »

Hi Dean,

My car has fake Fuchs but I have a 914 steel wheel as a spare. Haven't measured it but can swap for your odd one if it helps to make a set or even a pair.

Cheers

Jonny
Dean.s
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Dean.s »

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2465595129

This is the style wheel. I think they came with a black cap fitted in the centre. Not sure if a chrome hubcap could be fitted also.
1974 Porsche 914
Dean.s
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Dean.s »

Jonny Hart wrote:Hi Dean,

My car has fake Fuchs but I have a 914 steel wheel as a spare. Haven't measured it but can swap for your odd one if it helps to make a set or even a pair.

Cheers

Jonny

Thanks i'll bear that in mind. I think the only way is to whip the tyres off. Can't do that for a while though. My other set is rivieras but i've yet to trial fit those.
1974 Porsche 914
Jonny Hart
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Jonny Hart »

Dean.s wrote:https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2465595129

This is the style wheel. I think they came with a black cap fitted in the centre. Not sure if a chrome hubcap could be fitted also.
Same as my spare.
914 KEV
DDK rules my life!

Post by 914 KEV »

Dean.s wrote:My car came with a set of steels as manky roller rims. I don't have the coa yet to see what was originally fitted.

Today i took it out of the garage for some fresh air & space needed work when stood back and thought hmm, i quite quite like the steels look (obviously refurbed if i keep them).

Only issue with them is that 1 is wider rimmed than the other 3. Is there anyway i can check originallity? Stamps on the rear (although they're all crusted up so unreadable) offsets etc? It would be a bit of a problem to whip tyres off and measure the rim widths. However as a bit more info to go on. If i measure from the inner rim to the edge of the wheel it is 2" but the oddball is 3". The 2" rims, in my opinion, sit and fit nicer.
On the outer face of the wheel they are stamped with a ET number.

914 late style steels wheels are stamped ET40
914 Daily driver since 1990
Robster
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Robster »

Just in case it is of interest, have 1 x 914 one with correct et40 offset. Needs blasting/painting but £40 if you decide to go with the correct width.
Porsche 914-6 (2.4E on Webers)
KAS.750
DDK addict

Post by KAS.750 »

I'd like to go steel on my 73 for in case anyone has a set..