Monza Formula One!

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Alfabug
DDK Seasoned Poster

Monza Formula One!

Post by Alfabug »

Good Morning, We are off to the race next weekend. Have been previously with grandstand tickets but went for basic General Admission this time around.
Anyone on here have any recommendations as to where is good GA viewing.
Thanks
Brendan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
'76 912E
'65 Beetle
'82 VW T25
Cobra
DDK Fanatic

Re: Monza Formula One!

Post by Cobra »

Alfabug wrote:Good Morning, We are off to the race next weekend. Have been previously with grandstand tickets but went for basic General Admission this time around.
Anyone on here have any recommendations as to where is good GA viewing.
Thanks
Brendan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last time I was at Monza a GA Ticket admitted to Grandstands on the Friday, on the Saturday for qualifying I ended up having to watch on a video screen at the back of the Paddock and for the Sunday I ended up buying a grandstand ticket otherwise I would have seen very little.......
paul911
DDK addict

Post by paul911 »

Hi Brenden

I have been twice in recent years, first time we had Grandstand tickets where we were packed in and got really hot as there was no shade. Second time around we just paid for GA and watched from a grass bank on the straight before the Parabolica on the inside of the circuit, there are some trees behind which provide some shade, we thought it was a better place to watch from than the Grandstand that we previously had at the end of the start straight.

Just my opinion of course, enjoy your trip!

Cheers
Paul
Alfabug
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Alfabug »

Thanks for the advice, we sat in the GA stands on the inside of the straight leading into parabolica.
I sat in my Mercedes PETRONAS green shirt amongst a sea of red shirts and hats as you can imagine I felt a bit out numbered.
Unfortunately it wasn't the most eventful race but its always cool to go to an overseas race.
One can only imagine what a Ferrari win would be like at Monza!

(Saturday was a complete washout spent drinking beer and trying to find any shelter from the rain!)
'76 912E
'65 Beetle
'82 VW T25
paul911
DDK addict

Post by paul911 »

Hi Brenden

Yep, that's where we have watched from before. Monza is always cool to attend, we drove our 911 there last time, had a car pass for the infield so was able to part the sea of red :) shirts through the tunnel. Always good to drive a Porsche into Ferrari territory!

Cheers
Paul