Off topic watch chat for the horologists out there

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

haasad
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Off topic watch chat for the horologists out there

Post by haasad »

My good friend is the Elliot in Elliot Brown. Trying this little beauty out for a few days. Amazing quality.

Image[/URL]

ddk member# 1527
Austin Healey 100/6, 1957 Fast Road ( now sold)
75 2.7 S backdated to "r" and very light (now sold).
Adria Camper
Buddy McCrae kneeboard.
Friar Tuck kneeboard.
Lots of Bicycles.
Dammit
DDK Newbie

Post by Dammit »

Dammit wrote:Rather annoyingly I noticed a crack in the Hesalite crystal of my Tintin Speedmaster yesterday - which I imagine I'll have to have changed by Omega to preserve the warranty. Would anyone know (roughly) what this is likely to cost?
Popped into Watches of Switzerland at lunch on Thursday, enquired about the cost of replacing the Hesalite crystal as mentioned above.

Chap said a) it'd have to be sent away, that'd take 8-10 weeks, b) he didn't know what the crystal would cost but it would be in addition to the cost of a full service which Omega would insist upon, and that was £560, so c) likely around £700-800.

He did however recommend popping into the Omega Boutique, from whom I originally purchased the watch - which I did.

They said they'd change the crystal for free, and it'd take less than a week, and make me an espresso whilst they noted down my details.
Hugh Jorgan
Married to the DDK

Post by Hugh Jorgan »

By chance I came across a watch repairer called John Cronin who has a little shop in Stow on the Wold.
He served his apprenticeship in the 60's working on Omegas.
He certainly seemed to know what he was doing, he sells a few vintage watches and services and repairs anything old!!
I got him to service my 1958 18ct Seamaster. He turned it round in a couple of weeks and the price was very reasonable.
Happy customer.
trdking
DDK Fanatic

Post by trdking »

The wife and I have decided to retire. Yippee In light of the fact, I am going to be lightening my load a bit and that includes some watches, including this very nice lightly worn 2 tone rooter with inner and outer box and papers with hang tag and all booklets. Running it by here to see if there is any interest? before it goes to fleabay. I was thinking on the lines of 7500.00 usd If there is any interest please contact me and I will send more detail pics of all contents and watch. Also will be selling a nice full bnp lightly worn Y number sub with sticker. The 1960 GMT Full box and papers hang tag original sales receipt etc.. With service dial,hands and bezel. The lightly worn 1978 Steve Mc queen. a Spider web Sea Dweller. A sea dweller Great white with fake Double Red dial. A
The submariner red that has been posted here 3.2m number and some others I can't think of off hand.
If there is interest Please contact me?
This Root Beer is now Sold

Cheers all

964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

18k gold Cartier boxed and serviced for Mother's Day, Daughter's Day, Wife's Day, Mistress's Day, Girlfriend's Day.....

----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

richkaz
DDK rules my life!

Post by richkaz »

Is this an early April fools joke ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orbita-Avanti ... 2119303675
“Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three
decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good "..

1971 911 2.2T sold
1970 911 2.2S Sold but remains within DDK
1959 Lancia Flaminia PF Coupe
barryb
I luv DDK!

Post by barryb »

Hi

I really like this newTag Autavia re-intro.

https://www.tagheuer.com/fr/node/6546/? ... =TAG_Heuer

Barry
2007 Cayman
2008 Mini R56 JCW
1962 356BT6 Cabriolet
1964 356C Coupé
1960 MGA 1600
1950 MG TD
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster
Member# 661
HenrikL
DDK Newbie

Post by HenrikL »

barryb wrote:Hi

Barry
Very nice!
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

Thoughts on the new Omega reissue?

Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

barryb wrote:Hi

Barry
The patrons of Heuer are all getting quite excited by it. I'm struggling

Sent from my X5pro using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I'm sick to death of seeing it, nice reissue but you'd think it was made of unicorn tears the way everybody is running on about it - this overhype of Heuers (especially older Autavias) is really becoming tedious and is set to get worse leading up to the next headline auction.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
964RS

Post by 964RS »

Bootsy wrote:I'm sick to death of seeing it, nice reissue but you'd think it was made of unicorn tears the way everybody is running on about it - this overhype of Heuers (especially older Autavias) is really becoming tedious and is set to get worse leading up to the next headline auction.
Couldn't agree more. Its like watching toddlers at xmas. FFS grow up.

All these re-issues from every manufacturer copying EXACTLY a watch designed 40+ years ago just goes to show the complete lack of inspiration and design skills in their current design teams....it is getting very boring just churning out re-issues every year, has noone got an idea of their own anymore??????
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

I've bought a CMXI Chronograph that was a kickstarter project.

I've received the watch yesterday and I'm pretty impressed by the quality of it.

I was lookin' for an 'Einzeiger Uhr' ('single hand watch') for quite a while now and I checked out the watches from Meistersinger, Botta Design and Uno and then I found this one...

You could say it's a Porsche 911 tribute watch: CMXI is Latin for 911 and the hands and lay-out of the watch look like Porsche 911 instruments.

I'm wearing it today for the first time and I already love it! You can read the time so clearly that you don't need a second (minute) hand at all...

It's better to burn out, than to fade away
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

964RS wrote:
Bootsy wrote:I'm sick to death of seeing it, nice reissue but you'd think it was made of unicorn tears the way everybody is running on about it - this overhype of Heuers (especially older Autavias) is really becoming tedious and is set to get worse leading up to the next headline auction.
Couldn't agree more. Its like watching toddlers at xmas. FFS grow up.

All these re-issues from every manufacturer copying EXACTLY a watch designed 40+ years ago just goes to show the complete lack of inspiration and design skills in their current design teams....it is getting very boring just churning out re-issues every year, has noone got an idea of their own anymore??????

And still it goes on.

"here's a picture of the old one next to the new one"

"I'm really feeling the new one having spent 4 days in my bedroom stroking it"

I've had enough
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
PaulF
DDK addict

Post by PaulF »

Just wondered how you attach a photo to a post. Clicked on "Img" in the options and it came up with [ img][/img ] (without the additional spaces otherwise the text deletes itself in the preview) rather than a link to the computer. Cut and paste didn't appear to work either. Have I missed an "attach image" button somewhere?