California 912 barn find in UK

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

nikmak912
DDK Seasoned Poster

California 912 barn find in UK

Post by nikmak912 »

Hi 912 people, I have just purchased a 1966 LHD 912, it was imported to the uk and I am going to try and restore it back to as near as original as I can afford! If any one has any info on the car it would greatly be appreciated. Reg number is 204 PVQ and it came from California. Paint code is 6606, Irish green. Chassis number is 351765 and engine number is 832129. Any info is greatly appreciated.
C3s
DDK slapper chatter

Re: California 912 barn find in UK

Post by C3s »

Do you have any pics please? Can't help with your research sorry, just curious! I have a '66 as well.
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Have you applied for the CoA? Have you searched on the 912 registry to see if the car is in vin database. Buy Dr Johnson's book. A good source for parts is Roger Bray for new stuff and Max at Revival for the hard to find stuff. Max (well I think that David does most of the work) works on more 912s then anybody else in the country.
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
nikmak912
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by nikmak912 »

C3s wrote:Do you have any pics please? Can't help with your research sorry, just curious! I have a '66 as well.
I'll try to post some, its pretty rough, needs loads of panels replacing. Long term project me thinks.
nikmak912
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by nikmak912 »

neilbardsley wrote:Have you applied for the CoA? Have you searched on the 912 registry to see if the car is in vin database. Buy Dr Johnson's book. A good source for parts is Roger Bray for new stuff and Max at Revival for the hard to find stuff. Max (well I think that David does most of the work) works on more 912s then anybody else in the country.
thanks, havn't got round to getting the CoA yet, not in PCGB any longer so will have to go to Porsche direct?, don't know how it works, could do with doing my '69 car too! Will try the 912 registry. Thanks again for the info.
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

You can join pcgb for £60 and get it for free or pay £60 for the CoA (from PCGB)!
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
C3s
DDK slapper chatter

Post by C3s »

If you're an up to date pcgb member and the v5 is in your name, the amount of coa's is inlimited. I re-joined at the nec late last year and have just got coa no.3 back, no questions asked. One more to go but can't find the v5