Classic at the Castle - Hedingham 2014 pics and stuff

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Burma-Shave
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Classic at the Castle - Hedingham 2014 pics and stuff

Post by Burma-Shave »

Sam wrote:DDKamp.
Catchy!
1990 964 C4, 1999 Boxster 2.5
And..'89 BMW E30 325i Touring. '83 Mercedes 280E. '84 Citroen 2CV. '16 BMW i3 REx. '03 BMW R1100S. '99 Yamaha R1. '79 BMW R100 scrambler.

Member#0336
Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Darren65 »

Lightweight_911 wrote:An annual DDK event somewhere more central sounds like a good idea...
…..even back in my DDK infancy I thought the same…. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38481
petric
DDK forever

Post by petric »

rvzz wrote:
petric wrote:Nice to see some pics of the event as been on holiday I did miss it on the 5/6 times I have been it has grown in size and popularity and for me has become a bit of a Pcgb jewel in the crown event for the top knobs of that club I have been a member of afore mentioned for almost 4 decades but never has an atmosphere like the events we do in this little band of brothers as mark says drinking (I don't do that like) and the sporting driving the people in what we call our northern group which also includes a few southern imports always have a fantastic time and the Scotland trip we just had was brilliant catc is a long boring run down the a1 to look at stunning cars I ain't ever going to own I would rather be ragging it round the back roads of wherever it happens to be cheers peter (took me 15 mins to type that shite ha ha hope to see you all soon)

What he said ...
Still time to get another run in before the weather turns . Pick a point on a map with decent roads and a pub for the night .
I Russ sat here at the pool your maudes leeroy is dancing around in front of all the brides affixed at his big black c muscles 4 o'clock in the afternoon I can think of much better things to do than exercise Rita get me another drink ! Surfing and turfing tonight put about 3 Clem on I will be the only one at goodwood in me trackies with the elastic waist have fun just going TA drop in the pool TA cool down marra
I enjoy Hedingham a lot but I wouldn't swap it for weekend on the road with my mates .

( Fek me Pete , your on form today . All that time away with the Missus done your head in ? )
73 911T coupe
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

I had fantastic days both Saturday and Sunday….

…I was in great company for the Saturday night dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the evening…..to have been stood just a few inches away from the Le Mans winning 917 exhaust whilst it was being jump started by a tractor with the flames warming my shins was a surreal experience that will linger in the memory….

….Sunday I hauled around my camera all day but took just a handful of photos….glorious the cars may be although far more fun catching up with friends and meeting new people, just wished there was more time to meet and chat more…

Cheers everyone :)

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

oldtimer wrote:Great event . Terrific turn out of 356s , and the 3 separate parades covered old and modern Porsches . The trade stands are always worth a visit to see the metalwork involved in a resto. Very happy for the organisers to keep organising it at Castle Hedingham forever , we are lucky to have a landowner with an interest in hosting it . Parking next to a million dollar 4 cam open top car was worth the visit alone.

Great people , got to talk to a few more this year , even Jason spared me a moment of his busy time . Top tradesmen for imparting knowledge and advice were Bruce Cooper , Steve Winter , and notably Robert Gant .....any man brave enough to buy a restored pre A at auction deserves respect.....

Finally got to meet the famous John Ruston , who kindly allowed me to open the lid on his Carrera 2 to see that 4 cam engine ....later driven down the hill by Mrs Maxted-Page....piggy bank still not big enough :lol:

I never realised how big the air filter where! There must be some more 356 photos??
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Adam
DDK addict

Post by Adam »

Darren65 wrote: …I was in great company for the Saturday night dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the evening…..to have been stood just a few inches away from the Le Mans winning 917 exhaust whilst it was being jump started by a tractor with the flames warming my shins was a surreal experience that will linger in the memory….
Very surreal.

The way the treated the car too.

First time at this event too, the dinner was very good but I did feel slightly out of place.
Need genuine Porsche parts?
Contact me for best prices
philosborne
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by philosborne »

Cumbriancarnut here.
Guilty as charged!
Must take more time to look at cars & piccies properly before posting them on the net with daft comments!!!
Lovely car.
Cheers,
Phil.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Cheers, great picture of it

I could give you a caption for it but actually describing what it is is an art form in itself
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
philosborne
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by philosborne »

Hi Bootsy - Description of your car now corrected on the website.
Just awaiting further DDK corrections!
Cheers,
Phil.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

philosborne wrote:Description of your car now corrected on the website.
:cheers: The Nod Rod!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
philosborne
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by philosborne »

Sorry I wasn't able to link up with the DDKers at Hedingham. I was there with my very tolerant Mrs and without my 911 (ongoing issues with throttle bodies & fuel metering which Steve W is trying to sort out).

Cheers,
Phil.
john ruston
DDK forever

Post by john ruston »

Not so famous nor want to be!

The 356 Carrera C 2 GS/GT is a special car.

It was built by Porsche in 65 as a complete car less engine and gearbox for a German who had totally written off his car except engine and gearbox.

The car has a real 904 engine which is homologated for Carrera 2 and is ultimate 356. Jurgen Barth helped putting history together.Good man.

By the way Mrs MP is a very good driver.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Did anyone take a picture of Gunther off Friends? Mrs Sam doesn't believe he was there.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
aircool
Married to the DDK

Post by aircool »

Loved these two...............

Best in show IMHO. And, young Miss Aircool and I had a chat with Matt Leblanc as well

8)
964RS

Post by 964RS »

oldtimer wrote:
even Jason spared me a moment of his busy time....
Sorry John I really wanted to catch up with you and chew the cud on your stable but by the time I got finished yaking on with who I was with at that point you had gone. Hope to catch up soon, be good to talk about your cars too, I think you have all bases covered now and a nice little collection there!!
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales