DVLA

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

dfp
DDK Newbie

DVLA

Post by dfp »

Hello all,
I have to say i'm impressed with the dvla's service ref registered keeper records, whilst it took some time to get the results for my 72 911 I now have the answer to the missing years at the start of it's life (was registered in Northern Ireland first) all five of it's various registration numbers and details of all 14 previous owners. All for princely sum of a fiver! good value I think

David
saxon
DDK forever

Re: DVLA

Post by saxon »

Call you call the dvla to request this information or is it a filling out a form job .
2010 mini mayfair cooper s
1999 mini cooper works s

Peter
DarthMJH
I luv DDK!

Post by DarthMJH »

You have to complete the V888 form here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1/V888.pdf

I have just had the information back from the DVLA about my cars previous 11 owners. It would be great to track them down. Any tips on doing this?
Mike
1973 RHD 911T
1995 993 C4
72911E
I luv DDK!

Post by 72911E »

Hi Mike,

Through the Electoral roll and 192.

Easier when one of the previous owners does not have a common surname.

I tracked all previous owners on my '72S back to the original owner. It did take some time and investigation to get them all.

However well worth it, today I received a mail from the original owner to advise he found the original bill of sale from Malaya Motors :) !! Another owner still had the original steering wheel and over 20 years of service records!
'72 911E Coupe RHD
'72 911S Coupe RHD
cobb911
Married to the DDK

Post by cobb911 »

David

I too was impressed what a fiver got for my 72 911 first registered in NI. the first registration on the mainland mentioned the original NI registration so I filled out the equivalent NI form and sent off another fiver. Unfortunately they could not find any match for it which seemed strange but I guess that comes from paper records. Might be worth you trying though if you wish to see if they have details for yours.

Regards
Graeme

Black 2003 996 C4S Coupe
Previously
Tangerine 1972 911T
Black 2005 987 Boxster
Grey 2001 986 Boxster S
Cobalt Blue 1991 944 S2

Member #731
Grenoble39
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Grenoble39 »

How long did they take to provide the info? I sent the form in a few weeks ago.
Cheers,
Howard
Howard
1969 911T Sporto
DarthMJH
I luv DDK!

Post by DarthMJH »

They were not quick, it took about 3 months from memory.
Mike
1973 RHD 911T
1995 993 C4
DarthMJH
I luv DDK!

Post by DarthMJH »

72911E wrote:Hi Mike,

Through the Electoral roll and 192.

Easier when one of the previous owners does not have a common surname.

I tracked all previous owners on my '72S back to the original owner. It did take some time and investigation to get them all.

However well worth it, today I received a mail from the original owner to advise he found the original bill of sale from Malaya Motors :) !! Another owner still had the original steering wheel and over 20 years of service records!
Cheers Derek,

I managed to find the original owner online. He was an anaesthetist, but unfortunately had died many years ago.
Mike
1973 RHD 911T
1995 993 C4
dfp
DDK Newbie

Post by dfp »

It took nearly 3 months to get the info back. (I must try the NI enquiry - Thanks Graeme) the spooky thing is I bought the car from NI with out realising it had been registered here in the Uk (the car has a competition history) so to find out it was first owned in NI was something I had not considered, It then came to London for two or three owners then to a dealer I assume (Palace Garage, Kingston upon Thames) a few more owners in the home counties then to York (Army Officer I think) then up to Teesside back to London and eventually back to NI then to me, it is very satisfying to be able to trace it's journey

Before this I had found the name and address of the man who sold to NI and wrote to him but received no reply, his address was correct (electoral roll search) but he decided not to help my search.

I think the next step is PCGB to see what they have as far as its race history goes, anyone know how to go about this?
I've never had the inclination to do anything like this before but the more I dig the more curious i'm becoming

David