Post by KS »

Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: uk RHD numbers

Post by Nick Moss »

Ouch! That £50K may be a bit short. You need £10K in panels, £30K in bodywork, paint, an engine, carpets, correct lights, wheels tyres..... VAT
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
ratty65
DDK Newbie

Post by ratty65 »

LOL i did say it was in a sorry state . as i have said elsewhere this is the condition the car was in when i got it. i have been told that i need shooting for letting it get into this state but i cannot be held responsible for its previous owner's
i have considered selling it not because i do not have the ability to restore this car myself after all its only rust and welding . but because i simply do not have the type of money it would take to do this car justice .there has been quite a lot of interest in it some good some bad .
so if this car was yours what would you do with it . keep it or sell it
hot66

Post by hot66 »

your heart isn't in it .. sell it
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

hot66 wrote:your heart isn't in it .. sell it

Agreed, you need a deep heart, deep pockets and bags and bags of enthusiasm to take on a project like that.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
DIRKBROWNFINGER
DDK forever

Post by DIRKBROWNFINGER »

So its spending 50k to make it worth 80K. I assume you would sell it when restored? You don't have the money anyway, prices are high....

Any news on the engine? I am sure you are putting all of your efforts into getting that!

Good luck
DIRK BROWNFINGER.
1970 911 S TARGA LHD.
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

DIRKBROWNFINGER wrote:So its spending 50k to make it worth 80K. I assume you would sell it when restored? You don't have the money anyway, prices are high....

Any news on the engine? I am sure you are putting all of your efforts into getting that!

Good luck
I think it will cost well more than £50K to produce a non-matching car. Is that worth £80K? I would stick it in a barn in (say) Scotland, cover it in dust and straw then "find" it and put it on eBay. Only kidding.
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
DIRKBROWNFINGER
DDK forever

Nick Moss wrote:
DIRKBROWNFINGER wrote:So its spending 50k to make it worth 80K. I assume you would sell it when restored? You don't have the money anyway, prices are high....

Good luck
I think it will cost well more than £50K to produce a non-matching car. Is that worth £80K? I would stick it in a barn in (say) Scotland, cover it in dust and straw then "find" it and put it on eBay. Only kidding.

I dunno nick I was quoting you!
DIRK BROWNFINGER.
1970 911 S TARGA LHD.
ratty65
DDK Newbie

Post by ratty65 »

Nick Moss wrote:

Good luck
:cheese: that was already done to a guy over here(not to far away from me) he sold his Porsche to a certain company for x amount they then as you say took pictures of it in a barn with hay bales and said it was a barn find car .then sold it for a huge profit .(not that there is anything wrong with that its business)
and yes i am working on tracking down its original engine and paperwork .
i would not say that my hearts not in it as i said i have the ability to restore this car the thought of welding it back together does not phase me at all (i have done far worse vw split buses) but i simply do not have the money to do such an early car justice and surly if there are so few 66 cars left (known about ) then it does deserve to be restored properly and to a high standard . i could quit easily put it back into my shed and leave it there but i would love to see this car being restored and used.
i cannot really understand why people get so hung up on weather a car has its original engine or not especially when most restored cars have had most of there original body panels and interior changed why is a car like that considerd more acceptable (i am not for one minuet saying that my car does not need a shed load of panels :lol: ) than a car that has a different engine .
any way if you think this 66 car i have is bad then i will try and post pictures of a 68 car that i have (allegedly an s) it makes the Bonhams car look like its in mint condition :lol: :lol:
(So its spending 50k to make it worth 80K.) if it made 80k is 30k regarded as a frivolous amount of profit if it sold ?
DIRKBROWNFINGER
DDK forever

I don't know much clearly! But Bonhams told me my car was worth 20k with wrong later engine, maybe 30 with correct spec engine and 40-45 matching numbers. So the market says yes it does make a difference. So go get that engine! You will need to be pretty s### hot at metal work to get this good enough to sell for top money though. Top money does dictate the car needs originality and history, or a nut and bolt resto jobby done to perfection. Either way the matching numbers things affects it, its not just the engine though. Gearbox, wheel dates, doors - anything else chaps? Do you have the COA from Porsche?

Its raining and I feel like joining in today.
DIRK BROWNFINGER.
1970 911 S TARGA LHD.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

matching numbers .. IMHO , the engine & chassis matching dictates a matching numbers car ... gearbox matching is another bonus ... beyond that IMHO I don't think its as important for bolt on bits etc as long as all other parts are period correct
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
ratty65
DDK Newbie

Post by ratty65 »

DIRKBROWNFINGER wrote:I don't know much clearly! But Bonhams told me my car was worth 20k with wrong later engine, maybe 30 with correct spec engine and 40-45 matching numbers. So the market says yes it does make a difference. So go get that engine! You will need to be pretty s### hot at metal work to get this good enough to sell for top money though. Top money does dictate the car needs originality and history, or a nut and bolt resto jobby done to perfection. Either way the matching numbers things affects it, its not just the engine though. Gearbox, wheel dates, doors - anything else chaps? Do you have the COA from Porsche?

Its raining and I feel like joining in today.
( :cheese: Dirk you say that clearly you dont know much .well believe me i know FAR less than you i am learning every day :cheese: )
my poor car does have matching doors /bonnet /gearbox /all the dials /steering wheel/ it had fuch alloys on it when i got it (which i still have sitting under my slammed 1971 vw notchback) i think it should of had steel wheels originally.i have not yet got a COA partly because i was told that they often contain mistakes . would you recommend getting one and if so where do i apply for one .

did it stop raining yet ? thanks for joining in :cheese:
i must say i am enjoying the chat here and thank you all for your opinions weather they be good or bad
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

It sounds as if you have more info than would be on a COA already. The original engine could be anywhere now, do you know when or where it was removed?
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
ratty65
DDK Newbie

Post by ratty65 »

Hi Nick
unfortunately i do not know where the engine was removed all i know is that when it came to Ireland 30 odd years ago it had the wrong engine in it .i have met 3 of its previous owners here in Ireland but have yet to meet the man that actually brought the car over but i have been given his name which is a good start .
DIRKBROWNFINGER
DDK forever

You can get a COA from Porsche cars in Reading or via PCGB - its about £75 or free via the club but you have to join and that's the same cost. It takes up to 4 weeks and they can contain mistakes it appears! It should give you the chassis and engine number and the paint code. It may give the transmission number and trim options etc. If you are restoring it could be useful from that point of view I suppose.

Cheers
DIRK BROWNFINGER.
1970 911 S TARGA LHD.