RHD 2.2s guide asking price...

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
Drmark
Married to the DDK

RHD 2.2s guide asking price...

Post by Drmark »

I have been offered an ideal car that fits the bill for a project I have had in mind for some time - but it is going to cost ££ and my 1970 S may have to go. Not sure I want to do that but what does the forum think a fully rebuilt / restored mint silver 2.2s non sunroof, LSD, Recaro sports seats is worth in current market. I am looking for guide realistic price, not the very best I could expect. If I put it on the market I would like a quickish sale.

http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk/galler ... 911-s-rhd/

The car was done by Alan Drayson, Barry Carter, Mike Bainbridge etc and I think a few of you followed the story on here. It was finished 2 years ago and has done 3000 dry miles since and lives in a carcoon plus dehumidifier.

Alan, don't fall off your chair - can't say what I am up to .... Yet :)
I can resist anything but a tempting Porsche
Silver '70 2.2s (gone and missed)
Blue '89 3.2 Carrera (gone to Yorkshire)
Blue '08 997 4s (when my wife lets me drive it)
yoda
I need to get out more!

Re: RHD 2.2s guide asking price...

Post by yoda »

Funny you ask that .... I was at the Ace Cafe yesterday for a drink and was chatting to a friend (who knows a bit about early 911s - he has a 2.2S and a 2.4S) and a well known 911 racer / now Porsche dealer about pretty much this subject. Both seem to rate the 2.2S but acknowledge that the 2.4S attracts a premium in the market place.

Both seemed to think that a really top condition 2.2S would be around the £80k mark. Your car is well known, good spec and well documented restoration so a known quantity. I am sure if you could wait for the right buyer you could get a better price but may not be the quick sale you want.

Perhaps call a few of the early 911 dealers and see what they bid or suggest for SoR?

More interesting question is what is your next project ..... must be very interesting to give up your S :wink:
The force is strong in this one ......
Drmark
Married to the DDK

Post by Drmark »

It's certainly in top condition! I think something with an 8 in front of it - much less than it would cost to repeat :(
Will let you know re plan B if I can put a deal together (less than 50:50 sadly)
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

Drmark wrote:much less than it would cost to repeat :(
That's not really a surprise considering what it started as!!! :shock: :shock:
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Ant22
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Ant22 »

Given the prominence of your 2.2s it must be a very special project ... I can only imagine an RS as a 2.4s can't be a real-world trade-up. Given the quality & extent of the restoration of your 2.2s a price of £80k seems low. I say this based on rest of world prices for top condition cars, plus the recent black & yellow PS 2.4s cars ... If £80k is an accurate market price estimate maybe the restricted market for RHD is a factor. Sorry if that's heresy for this forum!
MY 73 2.4S
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Ant22 wrote:Given the prominence of your 2.2s it must be a very special project ...
.... have you been tangoed? :wink:
Ant22
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Ant22 »

yoda wrote:
Ant22 wrote:Given the prominence of your 2.2s it must be a very special project ...
Errrrrr ... maybe?
MY 73 2.4S
Drmark
Married to the DDK

Post by Drmark »

yoda wrote:
I do have a soft spot for orange....
I am sworn to secrecy so no clues - odds are I won't pull it off. And i certainly won't unless I can liquidise my investment in my S. Mind you, worst case scenario is I stick with what I have got so not looking for sympathy. Thanks for input. Off to do man maths!
Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Tp81 »

Watching with interest.
DDK#694
squirdan
DDK rules my life!

Post by squirdan »

yoda wrote:Funny you ask that .... I was at the Ace Cafe yesterday for a drink and was chatting to a friend (who knows a bit about early 911s - he has a 2.2S and a 2.4S) and a well known 911 racer / now Porsche dealer about pretty much this subject. Both seem to rate the 2.2S but acknowledge that the 2.4S attracts a premium in the market place.

Both seemed to think that a really top condition 2.2S would be around the £80k mark. Your car is well known, good spec and well documented restoration so a known quantity. I am sure if you could wait for the right buyer you could get a better price but may not be the quick sale you want.

Perhaps call a few of the early 911 dealers and see what they bid or suggest for SoR?

More interesting question is what is your next project ..... must be very interesting to give up your S :wink:
Robert Barrie one of those?

tango'd... or tangerine'd RSR ??

hooned mine down to Goodwood Saturday early morning ..made "very good progress"...kept it between 4-7k where possible... the noise on a crisp morning was frankly priceless...and it kept my brothers 996 GT3 honest below 100
Megane R26R
Discovery Sport
Defender 110
BMW R9T
Trek Superfly
but sadly no Porsches any more
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

No, it wasn't Robert Barrie.

I'm planning to go to Goodwood this Sunday for the breakfast club meeting, always a good run down.
964RS

Post by 964RS »

He was older than Gandalf and 4x as round you say?

Ahhh good old Vic! ;)
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

I wonder what this car would make at Essen, surely around the €120/130 mark if not a fair bit more?

Anything below £100K might seem a bit of a bargain in the not too distant future. With the mention of an 8 I wouldn't be surprised if this was sold by the weekend!
Ant22
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Ant22 »

It's interesting to consider the impact of the £ losing value. The € isn't exactly stable, nor the $ strong ... but both are likely stronger in the next 5 years than the £. RHD a limited market with weak currency ... An exodus of cars to Singapore, HK & Australia pending?
MY 73 2.4S
Vic Cohen
I luv DDK!

Post by Vic Cohen »

Cheeky Jason , one rounder , even older and always much faster..............last clue was a cartoonist on The Sunday Express, oh and renowned for his hands off driving style ...got it ?

Ps i wud have added 20 % to the S prices 2.2or 2.4 for real minters !