Winter storage

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Winter storage

Post by mycar »

Yes, about 4 meters by 6 meters by 2.5 high. It's a bit draughty and would be damp without the Ruby Dry .

Mike.
ross.mcw
DDK slapper chatter

Post by ross.mcw »

Very similar size to mine, will have to get one.
1972 911T in metallic Gemini Blue
ross.mcw
DDK slapper chatter

Post by ross.mcw »

Just a quick update on this one. I purchased a Ruby Dry D600 (£220 from http://www.dehumidifiers-direct.co.uk/ incl. next day delivery).

Arrived yesterday so I stuck it in the garage last night.

Last night the garage was at 6 degs C and 70% humidity and I set the Ruby to get it down to 60%. This morning it was 7 degs C and 59% (0 degs C outside) so it would seem to be working pretty well. It had a couple of litres of water in the storage drawer so I can see that I'll need to rig up some way of automatically draining it into a bigger tank (guess I can then use that water to wash the cars with!)

It may be that the air in general was drier this morning given that temperature dropped so much last night but I'll stick another digital humidity sensor outside the garage tonight to get a better comparison.

Thankfully my garage is very well insulated which probably makes the Ruby's work a bit easier. Next thing is to see what effect it has on the electricity bill.
1972 911T in metallic Gemini Blue