Keeping Hubs Caps on

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

beanpoleuk
DDK Newbie

Keeping Hubs Caps on

Post by beanpoleuk »

I seem to struggle getting the baby moon hub caps on without denting them, only to find the odd one falls off now and then. :(

Is there knack or method of ensuring they stay on ?, or some other way of fixing ?

Steve
Chesil Speedster- www.softstar.co.uk
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Keeping Hubs Caps on

Post by mdmax72 »

Steve l see from your build you used the 4 lug wheels, this seems to be a common problem with 4 lug wheels that's been covered on hear before. I'm sure someone will pipe up on this and help you out.

Nice website and well documented. Just one question. Why did you trailer the car when you could of driven it to the IVA centre?? As long as the car has insurance, tax is not needed for you to drive to and from the centre, legally. So for anyone reading that's building save the cost of the trailer hire and use it for insurance.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)
beanpoleuk
DDK Newbie

Post by beanpoleuk »

mdmax72,

For the last two SVA tests I did drive to the test center, but that was when the test center was only 17 mile down the road at Taunton. Now they have closed Taunton, I needed to get to Exeter, an hour and a half drive, and knowing my luck it would be pi**ing down with rain, so a mate offered to help out with his trailer.

The baby moons are really getting to me now.. one fell off yesterday whilst backing out of the garage and I ran over it !! :-x
Chesil Speedster- www.softstar.co.uk
bonerp
DDK slapper chatter

Post by bonerp »

mdmax72 wrote:Steve l see from your build you used the 4 lug wheels, this seems to be a common problem with 4 lug wheels that's been covered on hear before. I'm sure someone will pipe up on this and help you out.

Nice website and well documented. Just one question. Why did you trailer the car when you could of driven it to the IVA centre?? As long as the car has insurance, tax is not needed for you to drive to and from the centre, legally. So for anyone reading that's building save the cost of the trailer hire and use it for insurance.
worth adding thought that you do have to trailer it to the dvla center if they want to inspect for registration :wink:
Built a Pilgrim Speedster...only down one kidney

My build: https://sites.google.com/site/bonerp356/home

http://www.Speedsterclinic.co.uk

Now for sale! Next project looms...
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

Good point Paul, I have read that they want to close all the Local DVLA offices.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)