356 California rep 1600 3200 miles magazine featured

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

356california
DDK Fanatic

356 California rep 1600 3200 miles magazine featured

Post by 356california »

Sorry all, being very lazy and reposting my eBay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 229wt_1141

May consider px with vw, porsche, quick hatch??

The California design incorporates the flared wheel arches, no bumpers and more muscle car look.
The original cars would have been driven and raced in a series based in California at weekends.

There are many companies that have been in business for decades who build these cars as new factory builds, so advice, parts, enthusiasts, clubs, communities, meets and shows are all over the UK. Chesil, Pilgrim, Covin, Vintage Speedsters are all trading from the UK. (their new builds are around the £30,000 mark)
The best part about these cars is that they are all based on VW Beetles. Meaning the parts and repairs are incredibly cheap and readily available.

I took this car to Stoneliegh Kit car Show last month (110 mile round trip) comfortable, quick and reliable and easily attracted the most attention out of the 30 speedsters that was there. See pics.

I HAVE THE TOTAL VW MAGAZINE IT WAS FEATURED IN. Please see photos.

This car is stunning and a real head turner. This car was magazine featured in 2001 (Total VW 4 page article).
She is not for the faint hearted because of the sports gearbox and 1600 GT engine.

Car details:

3200 miles
I have all the MOT's to back up the mileage, a book full of receipts and history.

Finished in metallic Piaggio Mica Red paint.
Double layer hood. Glass side screens.
Adjustable front suspension.
All brake components and gas shock absorbers were new when the car was built.
Genuine painted and polished Porsche Fuchs 16" alloys. (set recently went on eBay for £5000+!!)
Magnolia and grey piped interior from Chesil.
All Autometer gauges (expensive).
Engine is modified type 1 VW 1600cc unit -
Fully balanced bottom end.
Full flow oil system.
Lightened flywheel.
Short shift Beetle box
Empi quick shift gear shifter
Pancake Chrome finished Air filter
1 5/8" mergerd performance exhaust.

It has only ever been used in the dry. Garaged through winter and covered in Summer. All in all a stunning car to own
This car is taxed (free anyway) and MOT'd till end of March 2012.
Classic Car Fully Comprehensive insurance only £137 per year.

There is only one thing the more thorough person would want to do to it. There is a very slightly faded patch on the drivers side rear quarter. Its never bothered me, but to rid it of a couple of hairline splinters in the fibre glass and paint I have had a quote of £225 it all right.
I advise anyone interested to come and view the car, because it is even more stunning up close.

Only selling due to needing to move house. Ive found the house and now need to raise the deposit. It is the only way i can afford to do this otherwise this would be a car for me to keep and give my kids!

reduced this by £1000, may look at offers.

£13995 ono

Part Ex, WHY?

I urge anyone wanting to bid to view the car first. I have been very accurate with my description therefore you do bid to buy and drive away within 10 days maximum.
The car is advertised elsewhere asking price is now £13995, there is one other California and they want £19500!!!!

If anyone wants any questions answering or wants to come and view the car please call
Steve
07740 781782
/Users/steve/Desktop/random/250620101650.jpg