Secrets of the inner circle.

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Secrets of the inner circle.

Post by mycar »

Bedtime reading for the last month has been `The ABCs and 912s` a book that is as rediculous as it is amazing. I did have reservations, we Yorkshire folk don`t take kindly to yanks calling themselves Maestro and all that... but credit where credit`s due, the bloke was obviously a genius. How anybody would attempt to rebuild a 356 engine without reading this book is now beyond me.

So then ! What`s this Secrets of the Inner Circle book all about ? Although I quite like this Pellow fellow, I could do without forking out a 160 quidish just at the mo. Don`t get me wrong I`m as generous as any Yorkshire man you`ll meet but I`d rather know the secrets before I pay for them... If you see what I mean.

There was a time when you could pop down the library with a shopping bag and steam the label off when you got home, but these days it`s all magnetic strips and turnstiles. How can that progress ?

So I ask you...Secrets of the Inner Circle..... is it any good ??

Thanks Chaps,

Mike.
roy mawbey
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by roy mawbey »

Mike,

He is very well respected but I have never read 'secrets' :oops:
However there is nothing like seeing someone do the bottom end assembly work on a 356 engine.

So... go on to www.youtube.co.uk and in the search box when it opens just type: angkorwalter then on the side listings click 'lower engine assembly' and watch the the 10 minutes or so.
There are the other assembly items like the heads if you look I seem to remember there are 5 parts to watch.

The way he checks the assembly of the conrods is nice its in English so you can follow it.

That and the book might make a lot more sense.

Cheers

Roy
RHD 356A coupe super 75 106954
James Self
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by James Self »

Not sure what's in the ABC's and the 912's... but I have the Inner Secrets and it gives's a step by step guide to rebuilding your engine. . . Couldn't have done it without the book.
German Folks Klub
Mr Pharmacist
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mr Pharmacist »

PM sent Mike!
Stuart

1970 914 2056cc
1979 924 n/a - RIP
1986 924S
1969 912 Targa - sold
curbo

Post by curbo »

Mike
have a copy for sale in its original folder in as new condition
£200 plus postage or collection from Alderley Edge

mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by mycar »

Thanks but I`m sorted.

Good luck with the sale, as you say, this is the book we engine builders rely on.

Regards, Mike.