What would you do?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

james911rs
DDK above all

What would you do?

Post by james911rs »

talked to my dad this morning, he is not prepared to buy it, he's curious where it goes but he's not prepared to part with his cash. Even though I mentioned that he still owes me a 40th birthday present, but that was not enough to sway him.

Some things are not meant to be and unless I find a stash of cash soon I will have to let her go, but at least I may be able to keep track of her from now on.
Mike Usiskin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Mike Usiskin »

Hi James,

Sounds like you spend a lot of time with your dads memories :lol: I'm sure the Alvis is lovely but who would you be buying it for, you or your dad? Your dad doesn't want it so why should you. It was never your car and as other have said it's been altered significantly since his ownership. IMHO I might pop down to see the car at auction if my dad was a, interested and B, alive! but otherwise it would be a chuckle to see it but no more. You can't let a car go that isn't yours so let someone else enjoy her.

M
former owner, still hoping to be reunited with my STOLEN 1972 911T/E 2.4 . Keep looking guys

No Hydrocarbons were hurt in the sending of this mail. Thanks

decapman
DDK slapper chatter

Post by decapman »

Buy it and create some new memorioes with your son, then he will be able to say that was dads car and grandads car.

I just found my dads first Mercedes, didnt hesitate, bought it on the spot, course we are not talking big dollars here. Its a lovely 280s from 1972, took me to school and the family on several round Europe road trips when I was a sulky teenager.

That Alvis would be a great car to do the Goodwood revival
Sure it will be crap dynamically to drive but its an old car.
Family and happy memories are important, though I agree nostalgia isnt what it used to be...

Coolest car for me at Hedingham last year was a 356a now owned by the son of the original owner and always kept in the family.
Marcus
1967 RHD 911S
1958 Fiat Abarth Zagato 750 Competition Corsa
1956 356a "die Ratte"
1972 Mercedes 280S
2014 BMW X3 2.0SE
1974 914 2.0
992 C2S
1955 Continental Cabriolet
1968 Citroen DS21