Beautiful weather for a drive....

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Beautiful weather for a drive....

Post by mycar »

Damn shame my car has no carburetors, manifolds or distrbutor.

Have tried sitting in and going brmm brmm this morning but it`s just not the same. :cry:

Mike.
Roddavies
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Roddavies »

Mine has no doors on atm :(
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Tosh »

You really don't want to go outside anyway: your car would get covered in volcanic ash
mycar

Post by mycar »

:lol: Good point, I saw an interview with an Icelandic meteorologist/vulcanologist/summat and he was explaning that this sort of thing happened in 1830 and went on for a year.

Just imagine, no flying for a whole year. Might sell the car and invest in a boat. :)

Mike.
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Tosh »

The year thing is a tad worrying - the ash and sulphur in the atmosphere created a three year very cold winter.

On the upside, Al Gore would shut up. The downside, fuel prices would rocket further as people had their heat on year round
mycar

Post by mycar »

Tosh wrote:The year thing is a tad worrying
I`m sure things will be fine. The moment this ash drifts across North America, Bruce Willis will swing into action and plug the sucker with his bare hands.

Mike.
VG65
DDK forever

Re: Beautiful weather for a drive....

Post by VG65 »

mycar wrote:
Have tried sitting in and going brmm brmm this morning but it`s just not the same. :cry:

Mike.
I sympathise completely - a rear wheel bearing went last weekend so I made a noisier than normal return home....in dry dock until she visits the renowned Mr B....gorgeous day today too :( - I've seen more posing topless Boxsters than soft Mick (who was he anyway?) - no proper 911's though :roll:
Cheers,
Vicki.

1971 911T (2.4)
Auf Weidersehen Pete
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Auf Weidersehen Pete »

i was at least expecting some grey fog or something....nice not to have any planes overhead though - it's been lovely in London today.... :)
1972 2.4E
1958 Riley 1.5
1977 Carrera 3.0
Barry

Post by Barry »

Yes, quite noticable here as well. A few light aircraft taking their chances though, including one quite sizable twin engined job. A nice looking (and sounding) thing actually, beaten somewhat by the Spitfire we had go over pretty low last weekend 8) .

Anyway, it's rather nice to look up and see a sky as Mother Nature intended, and a bonus that (ironically) the sky's so clear to be able to enjoy it.
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
pmjt
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by pmjt »

Barry wrote:Anyway, it's rather nice to look up and see a sky as Mother Nature intended, and a bonus that (ironically) the sky's so clear to be able to enjoy it.

Hmm :roll: a different perspective for me - stuck in Detroit - should have flown home on Friday night and picked up the RS for the first drive of the year on Saturday.....

....Delta have now got me booked on a flight out of Detroit........

.....on Sunday 25th :cry:

Hey ho - seen a couple of classic 911's this weekend :roll:
--
DDK Member #890
hot66

Post by hot66 »

my yellow one still isn't running well ( visit to Bob's in 2 weeks :) ) , so I took advantage of the early Sunday morning Sun and took th e993 for a quick trip up into Arkengarthdale 8)

James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
mycar

Post by mycar »

Roddavies wrote:Mine has no doors on atm :(
VG65 wrote:- a rear wheel bearing went last weekend
pmjt wrote: me - stuck in Detroit -
hot66 wrote:my yellow one still isn't running well
Tosh wrote: the ash and sulphur in the atmosphere created a three year very cold winter and fuel prices would rocket further as people had their heat on year round
Thanks for trying to make me feel better guys, to help things along I donned the Dunhills this morning, applied a couple of stickers to the Volvo, :wink:

And went out for a hairy ride. Rarely do I take it by the scruff of the neck, mostly I just plod too and fro from work but it is extraordinarily fast and makes a marvellous noise, popping and cackling.

When I got back, this was parked outside, which cheered me up some more,

An Alpha RZ, never seen one before, they only made 287, a rare sight indeed. Fortunately the owner felt the need to show off a bit as he pulled away... it sounded glorious.

Regards, Mike.
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

pmjt wrote:....Delta have now got me booked on a flight out of Detroit........

.....on Sunday 25th :cry:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm due to fly back from Detroit to London on tuesday. I spose I better get some laundry done.

GRaham
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

Got the Bitza Hot Rod out of the Carcoon (which is broken after just one use..) and installed charged 8 year old batteries.

Stirred the 130K mile 3.2 engine into the normal slow start; brooommmm
and fired onto all 6 immediately @ 850 rpm. The only things this engine has had done are new plugs about 15 years ago and dist cap and last year the charge 'block' on the alternator + fresh oil every year (and not fancy stuff)

Do I lurrve this car! :)

Washed it, drove to Cosford Breakfast meeting (my first) and it hummmed all the way there (capped silencers :( ) and growled all the way back (open pipes-bliss 8) ).

Is this the best car I've EVER had?

22 years mine and it still delivers the 911 edge.

Not the shapest tool there today (that silver E type was) and a bit too much patina maybe for some (20 years of hillclimbing), but... :alien:

Fab! :albino:

ps:
In the mid 80's I went to Detroit 26 times in 18 months, and i sure hope the airport is better now than it was....you have ALL my sympathy.
markm
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by markm »

Mike

Feel for you. I have had mine out all weekend enjoying the sunshine and of course the drive, brilliant. It also now does the school run for the kids
72 2.4s
96 993 RS
Series 1 DDK membership card