insurance

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

botham
DDK Seasoned Poster

insurance

Post by botham »

Hi There
new to forum, never posted befor, just got 1st 356, insured through hagerty and have to say what a pleasure,£125 cheaper than next best quote, no waiting in a que!! what a refreshing change!!!
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Welcome to the forum. Hagerty seem to be offering good premiums and service.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

hi, welcome to ddk.
insurence wise you are preaching to the converted here.

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24087

and if you got time
http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20267
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

tell us more about your 356, and your very welcome to come to our next Curry night on 18th March.

Nr Bedale heres the thread http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20267 it'll be great to meet you.
member#1182
botham
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by botham »

Hi Helen
My 1st 356 is a RHD 1958 356A reg 29 PMY silver with red interior, i understand the car is already known to some enthusists of old!!.The car has only had occasional use over the past 25 years so I am sending the car straight to Paul at PRS For him to check over and sort a few bits and bobs, I hope to have the car in the north east by end of march so won,t have the car in time for Bedale but would love to come along anyway
jamie
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jamie »

Wow - you've definitely bought a good one. I photographed that car for GT Porsche magazine and it's proper grade-A fantastic. Nice work.
'68 912
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

come along to Bedale anyway. there is several of us that won't be in our Porsches.
i expect i'll be in a Merc A class :oops:
member#1182
botham
DDK Seasoned Poster

Photos and curry night

Post by botham »

Thanks Jamie, Mark gave me some framed prints from the photoshoot they are absolutely top class, the way you captured the light on the car is just amazing i have not seen better pictures of a 356 in any of the mags or books
Will hopefully get to bedale on the 18th only about an hour and a bit from home, where exactly is near Bedale?
jamie
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jamie »

Haha - you got the ones off his office wall! I like that place - Mark is a good guy. I think you are going to love that car. I've shot a few now and it's the best by a million miles. I presume you got the 2-inch-thick history folder?
'68 912
botham
DDK Seasoned Poster

photos from Mark

Post by botham »

Not the great big one from the upstairs office he was keen to keep that one!! yes he seems a "canny lad" as we say up here in fact all the lads in the showroom were a real pleasure to speak to, a refreshing change from my previous main dealer experiences!!!
Helen
Events Organiser

Re: Photos and curry night

Post by Helen »

botham wrote:Thanks Jamie, Mark gave me some framed prints from the photoshoot they are absolutely top class, the way you captured the light on the car is just amazing i have not seen better pictures of a 356 in any of the mags or books
Will hopefully get to bedale on the 18th only about an hour and a bit from home, where exactly is near Bedale?
exact location hasn't been determined yet but keep an eye on the thread in the events section of the forum and Hot66 (james) will post the information soon.
member#1182